Ok I am very new at this. I have never sent a text message or got on the internet on my phone so this is all new to me. I just picked up a blackberry 8800 and It is locked. It was locked on cellular one and I am having a hard time getting it unlocked. I tried a few of the sites mentioned here on CB.com but they are saying that no code is avalible. So my question is this can anyone here help me unlock this phone. 1 company charged me $20 and won't give my money back and I had to open a dispute with paypal. another took my money $20. and after 3 days told me that they could not get a code but if I paid another $30 they could get me a code. they did refund my $20.

I am begining to get frustrated with this. AT&T said that they can't unlock it cellular one told me to call blackberry, and blackberry told me to call the phone company.

So if you can help me that would be great.
    09-07-08 08:54 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

AT&T should be able to unlock this. Ask to be transferred to the Cellular department.

Also if that doesn't work, use HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    09-07-08 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the welcome. I called at&t again and they ran the number for me but said again that they could not unlock it and told me to call cellular one again. I will call them tomorrow and ask for supervisor but I am not holding my breath.
    09-08-08 01:38 AM
    Welcome to CB. I hope you get your phone unlocked, and wish I could help.
    09-08-08 07:35 AM
    I will send an email to remind myself to see what the policy is for unlocking C.O. phones.
    09-08-08 07:45 AM
    OK today I have been on the phone with a few different cell one's. I learned that not all the cell one companies got bought out by at&t. Cell one will not give me an unlock code if I am not a customer. So I am running into many brick walls. I am trying to call all the different independent cell one companies to try to sweet talk one to help me. this is very frustrating, anyone want to buy my first blackberry lol.
    09-08-08 10:32 AM
    still having problems if anyone can help
    09-09-08 04:01 PM
    Sounds like you need to make some friends that are with Cell One and ask them to do it claiming its there phone.
    09-09-08 05:02 PM
    GOOD NEWS!!!

after callin att again and asking for another supervisor I explained everything to her again. She was awesome. She tried to get me a code but was unable with her system. She spent over an hour trying to call cell one for me. In the end she submitted a support ticket for me and today I got an email with my unlock code. I am now a real crack berry person!!!
    09-10-08 07:35 PM
    GOOD NEWS!!!

after callin att again and asking for another supervisor I explained everything to her again. She was awesome. She tried to get me a code but was unable with her system. She spent over an hour trying to call cell one for me. In the end she submitted a support ticket for me and today I got an email with my unlock code. I am now a real crack berry person!!!
    Glad to hear it worked out for 'ya.
    09-11-08 11:01 AM
    GOOD NEWS!!!

HEY congrats!
    09-11-08 04:34 PM
    Congratulations Reca! What a terrible time you had to try to get it unlocked. It must've been frustrating (to say the least) having it, but unable to use it. I guess it makes it much more sweeter now that you can use it!!!
    09-11-08 06:12 PM
    Congratulations and my compliments on your persistence.

In Customer Support, the real work is done behind the scenes. In order to get the geeks working, they need a problem ticket. Problem tickets have to be closed or they have to keep on justifying spending resources on the issue.
    09-11-08 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD