Hi,

I just got my BlackBerry Curve and love it, but I was wondering if anyone can help me with two questions.

1. Is there a way to condense SMS texts into one conversation? I had a Palm and it listed each individual and when you clicked on their name it opened the whole conversation like BB messenger. In the BB when I open SMS it gives a lengthy list of all the to and from messages. Just looking for a way to clean it up like bb messenger.

2. Is there a program to sync to if you do not have outlook? Once again hate to say Palm, because I love the BB, but I hate Outlook. The Palm had a desktop application that was much easier to use than Outlook and Outlook keeps making duplications of things already synced. I now have mutiple events for bdays, memos and everything else on the bb.

Any help would be appreciated
    06-17-08 12:11 PM
    1) not to my knowledge
    2) google sync works well with outlook
    3)BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

welcome to CB..post if you have anymore questions
    06-18-08 12:41 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

1) If you click on the most recent txt in the SMS convo... it brings them up as a conversation you can read through...

(if someone txts you and you reply back and forth... then it will show those)

2) As Jason mentioned... Google Sync is a great app

3) The BlackBerry 101 Lecture Slides are a great place to start as well!!
    06-18-08 12:45 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry
    06-19-08 03:44 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!
    06-19-08 03:50 PM
    Hello and welcome to CRACKberry!! Hope you find the answer to your questions because I am not sure.
    06-20-08 11:19 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    06-20-08 11:43 PM
    Welcome to crackberry...

The Treo type chat dialog for text messages has a different look to it on the Blackberry. Instead of the messages going down, they go up. You can go to options --> sms text --> Number of Previous items will be where you can change how far back the messages go.
    06-21-08 01:20 AM
    Good Question. I'm new as well!
    (8330 / Verizon).
    Are you veterans saying to use google contacts, sync into outlook, and then to the BB?
    I just sync'd google calander, works great!
    06-21-08 09:00 AM
    There's an advanced tab that you have to hit on desktop manager once you go to the sync your mail category or similar to that. You have to tell it not to duplicate. I can't tell you actually what it says but you will find it once you go into the advanced tab.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD