im a new blackberry owner, a verizon pearl.

can someone give me some info on some apps i should get on it first, i wanna just get some input from some vets before i go adding unneccessary things... thanks alot
    04-13-08 07:48 PM
    Google maps, opera mini, the bphone theme click the link in my sig. Vigo if you are in to news. Those are the main ones Welcome to CB
    04-13-08 07:50 PM
    first thing to do is buy an sd card then follow the link in my sig to free up memory before you put anything on there you should look at www.operamini.com/beta Google Maps CrackBerry.com WAP Homepage and beyond 411 welcome to CB!
    04-13-08 07:50 PM
    Welcome to CB!!
    04-13-08 07:53 PM
    Welcome to CB

Do a search and you would come up with quite a few threads on what to add to a new BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 08:03 PM
    Welcome, first thing to do is free up some memory and get your OS on your pc. If you go to this thread, I put all the ota links up for the apps I run.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/had...st-apps-29413/

04-13-08 08:23 PM
    hey everyone...what exactly is opera mini? just a browser? what makes it better than just using the browser that came on the BB then using google or something?
    please fill me in as you can see my knowledge is lacking
    04-13-08 08:41 PM
    You can view almost real web pages

04-13-08 08:45 PM
    Opera Mini is just a bit more visually enhanced browser. Most sites a rendered better on OM. Get it here:
    http://www.operamini.com/
    04-13-08 08:46 PM
    sounds good thanks everyone, but does google maps gps work with verizon and thier locking nav to vznavigator?
    04-13-08 08:58 PM
    hey thanks for the replies...i have checked the operamin site out but when i try to download it says it does not recognize my phone model...i have a curve 8330 with telus...do i need to download the old version of opera? i have 2 g of memory so i assume i can download the high memory version
    04-13-08 09:14 PM
    04-13-08 09:20 PM
    Opera Mini, WeatherBug Direct, CrackBerry.com icon, JiveTalk, Ascendo Data Vault, Viigo.

That is just what I got on my BlackBerry, whatever makes my life easier, and I'm sure your life is different from mine so you might need different applications then I do.

I would look threw the CrackBerry.com store and just stroll threw the software section, a good 90% of the applications listed have trials you can use.

Also I assume by saying you have 2 GB of memory you have a MicroSD card right? If you do I would put some music, pics, ringtones, etc in there. You can only install applications on the device memory not a micro sd card ( although I think there is a new application out there that states otherwise )

04-13-08 09:28 PM
    so jivetalk allows me to talk through msn messenger? does this use up data or does it use text msg?

yeah 2 g sd card...ahh thanks good to know that it downloads to the device
    04-13-08 09:30 PM
    Welcome 2 CB

Viigo

Yes it allows you to login to your msn messenger account. It uses data.
    04-13-08 09:59 PM
    so jivetalk allows me to talk through msn messenger? does this use up data or does it use text msg?

yeah 2 g sd card...ahh thanks good to know that it downloads to the device
    Jivetalk uses data and it lets you log into MSN and mutiple names as well.
    04-13-08 10:00 PM
    i can't seem to turn jive talk off in my applications...i know some apps are supposed to always run is this one of them?
    04-13-08 10:55 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-14-08 06:35 AM
    Welcome to the addiction!

04-14-08 06:44 AM
    i can't seem to turn jive talk off in my applications...i know some apps are supposed to always run is this one of them?
    I think you have to do the manual shutdown if u want the program to turn off
    04-17-08 01:03 PM
    Let me get this straight. With jive talk you can talk and it types what you say and sends it? So kind of like closed captions?
    05-20-08 04:58 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-20-08 07:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Looks like you have quite a list of apps to add to your device. Have fun deciding which ones to install!
    05-20-08 10:59 PM
    i'm too lazy to check, so most of these have probably already been mentioned, but here goes:
    -facebook
    -crackberry
    -jivetalk/other IM client
    -opera mini
    -pocket express
    -sudoku
    -circlepopper
    -blackjack
    -solitaire
    -i've heard that viigo is good, but i've yet to try it
    -google maps

it really all depends on the person, though. you'll probably find that you end up deleting many applications after a day or so when you find that they are just dead space.
    05-21-08 02:19 PM
    Crackberry shortcut, viigo, yahoo Go, Google maps, Opera mini and Pocket Express are my favorites.

05-21-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD