Sorry if there is a "newbie" or "introductions" thread, but I didn't find one. After resisting for years, I finally broke down last week and purchased my first blackberry. I bought my son his 3rd a month ago (Storm). I find that he and I don't talk as much as before he was a teenager, but now that we both have blackberry's, we are instantly in touch throughout the day! The PIN instant messenger feature is brilliant! I do, however, still refuse to use any of the internet lingo or slang (OMG, ur, lulz, lol, O.o, etc.)

I have to admit that it took some doing to get used to the phone, but now it's a permanent fixture in my hand (whether that's good for bad is anyone's guess or opinion).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone and I'm so glad that my Verizon salesperson sent me to this site.

Bright Blessings!
    Tony
    02-20-09 11:41 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Tony. Enjoy the new Berry and the site. If you feel the need to get more familiar with the device and want some help check out the newbies section at the top of the forum. A lot of good info in there.......... Enjoy
    02-20-09 11:43 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Tony. Enjoy the new Berry and the site. If you feel the need to get more familiar with the device and want some help check out the newbies section at the top of the forum. A lot of good info in there.......... Enjoy
    Thank you! I've searched all over the account and options section, but how do I prevent my full name from being displayed like this? When I go to "account" it says my full name won't be displayed, but....there it is! How can I change to a different username to be displayed?

Tony
    02-20-09 11:47 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry Nation Tony! Congrats on your new BB... Finally! You and your son will be able to find answers to just about any question you can ask regarding BB's on this site!

And the ability to text is awesome indeed. My mom and I were always close. I got my first Blackberry about 6 months ago, and it took me 2 months to convert my mother to a BB that matched mine exactly. Long story short? My mother and I are even closer now than we were before.

Odd how lots of people find it easier to write out their feelings in order to express them better. I am glad your BB seems to be helping you to bridge the gap between you and your son. That's a good thing no matter how you get it done!

Make yourself comfy and enjoy your new toy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:51 AM
    Thank you! I've searched all over the account and options section, but how do I prevent my full name from being displayed like this? When I go to "account" it says my full name won't be displayed, but....there it is! How can I change to a different username to be displayed?

Tony
    It looks like you signed up for your actual name to be your username, which you're right, you should change. Ask a moderator to change your username for you.
    02-20-09 11:52 AM

Tony
    You can email one of the mods and let them know why you want to change it and what you want to change it to and they can make it happen!

02-20-09 11:53 AM
    Get your name changed quick! You know how people on Crack are!

Welcome to CB!
    02-20-09 11:55 AM
    Thank you so much! It's definitely my new toy and I'm having a blast. I even made my first wallpaper here.

Still hoping someone knows how to prevent my full name from being displayed! When I go to account, the field where it shows "Tony Pearson" as my username is greyed out, so I cannot edit it. I fear I may have to delete this account and start over!

If anyone knows how to assist me in this, it would be greatly appreciated!
    02-20-09 11:57 AM
    You can email one of the mods and let them know why you want to change it and what you want to change it to and they can make it happen!

Thank you! I will do that right now!
    02-20-09 11:58 AM
    Thank you so much! It's definitely my new toy and I'm having a blast. I even made my first wallpaper here.

Still hoping someone knows how to prevent my full name from being displayed! When I go to account, the field where it shows "Tony Pearson" as my username is greyed out, so I cannot edit it. I fear I may have to delete this account and start over!

If anyone knows how to assist me in this, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Your question has been answered in this thread already, Tony. Please look at the above posts. You entered in your actual name as your username, and you cannot personally change it. However, ask a moderator, and they will be glad to help you out.
    Get your name changed quick! You know how people on Crack are!

Welcome to CB!
    Right! Haha! ;P
    You have to contact a moderator to do it, or you can sign up with another name and email.

02-20-09 11:59 AM
    Tony,

First off welcome to CB! It seems when you signed up and picked a screenname you used your full name. Your screenname can be different that your name, for example I'm pkcable, but my real name is Rich. When I signed up I picked pkcable as mt screenname and then just listed my full name on another part of the sign up form. You must have confused them. In order to get your screenname changed to something else you should PM (Personal Message) a Moderator... (Contact one of the Adminstrators or Super Moderators, the ones that are green are actually online now)....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showgroups.php

EDIT: DAMN I type slow 17 people responded as I was typing! hehe we really ARE a helpful bunch.
    02-20-09 11:59 AM
    Thank you! I will do that right now!
    You are welcome Tony! Come back here and let us know what you changes it to!

02-20-09 12:01 PM
    I just emailed one of the online moderators (green light on) and asked it to be changed to Sign543, a username I've been using for nearly 10 years. Thanks for all the help, hopefully it will be changed post haste!

You've all been very helpful!

Tony
    02-20-09 12:04 PM
    Sounds good T! Give them time to actually do it as our mods are a busy lot, BUT I'm sure they will get around to it ASAP.
    02-20-09 12:07 PM
    Sounds good T! Give them time to actually do it as our mods are a busy lot, BUT I'm sure they will get around to it ASAP.
    Yeah, a forum this size, I'm sure, requires a lot of moderating and patience on the part of those contacting the moderators. No big hurry, I'm sure they will get around to it. There is so much information on this site, I've been reading here for the last two hours! Love the freebie stuff.
    02-20-09 12:10 PM
    I just emailed one of the online moderators (green light on) and asked it to be changed to Sign543, a username I've been using for nearly 10 years. Thanks for all the help, hopefully it will be changed post haste!

You've all been very helpful!

Tony
    We shall begin calling you Sign543! LOL! They will get around to it pretty fast I'm sure.

02-20-09 12:12 PM
    We shall begin calling you Sign543! LOL! They will get around to it pretty fast I'm sure.

Whew! I feel better already!
    02-20-09 12:12 PM
    Yeah, a forum this size, I'm sure, requires a lot of moderating and patience on the part of those contacting the moderators. No big hurry, I'm sure they will get around to it. There is so much information on this site, I've been reading here for the last two hours! Love the freebie stuff.
    Prepare yourself to start keeping an insomniacs hours! You can start reading here and look up and realize the sun is on the horizon!

02-20-09 12:14 PM
    Prepare yourself to start keeping an insomniacs hours! You can start reading here and look up and realize the sun is on the horizon!

Gah! Reminds me of when I got my first computer back in 1998 and I stayed up almost for two days. That was horrible!
    02-20-09 12:18 PM
    OMG I'm starting to feel old I got my first PC in 1982, good old Apple II. I can still see that blinking green cursor. Ah those were the days!
    02-20-09 12:28 PM
    OMG I'm starting to feel old I got my first PC in 1982, good old Apple II. I can still see that blinking green cursor. Ah those were the days!
    1982?? Really? I didn't know they were available for home use that early. I do remember a friend of mine in the 7th grade in 84 had a home computer, but it was really just a keyboard you hooked up to the television and he ran cute programs that would run his name all over the screen. You had to program it yourself. That's when floppy disks were actually floppy, haha!
    02-20-09 12:30 PM
    1982?? Really? I didn't know they were available for home use that early. I do remember a friend of mine in the 7th grade in 84 had a home computer, but it was really just a keyboard you hooked up to the television and he ran cute programs that would run his name all over the screen. You had to program it yourself. That's when floppy disks were actually floppy, haha!
    The good old days, a computer was a box of parts that need to be soldered together in just the right way. What was truly remarkable, was driving the TV for display and using the radio interference for sound effects.

Congratulations on your BlackBerry, it is the most sophisticated communications device on the Planet.

02-20-09 12:49 PM
    Looks like Reed or another mod worked some magic!
    02-20-09 12:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD