welcome! enjoy
    02-20-09 12:54 PM
    OMG I'm starting to feel old I got my first PC in 1982, good old Apple II. I can still see that blinking green cursor. Ah those were the days!
    LOL! I remember when I was in high school and we got to go on the computers for the first time. The teacher would hand you a veritable booklet of codes. The assignment was always to enter all 30 pages of code and it would make some simplistic little design in a shade of green I only think of when I think nuclear waste! Old, old, huge apple computers. Those were the same days that Pong ruled for Atari!

My daughter started school around 7 years ago and every classroom had enough apple macs so that everyone can use their own. She was playing the stuffing out of those things when she was in preschool!!!

Now I have to go take my geritol and rock for a little while! LMAO!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:57 PM
    Welcome to our place where teaching and learning can be fun.

Ok, you have better access to your youngun, and now you have the opportunity to really wow him in your own way. Learn your BB well, and show HIM some neat tricks. Let him know we old farts get it too!

Welcome aboard, and if you need help, just holler!

(Ok,Ok, type...

02-20-09 12:57 PM
    Gah! Reminds me of when I got my first computer back in 1998 and I stayed up almost for two days. That was horrible!
    LOL! Me and you both. I can't handle technology in moderation!

BTW, I see the mods moved awfully quick in changing your name! See, only about 3,000 of us saw your real name. We won't tell anyone if you don't! J/K

02-20-09 01:02 PM
    There is one thing we can not change, the thread title will always carry the original handle.

I will move your thread to the New Members thread when only the most dedicated detective could make the association. The other option is to delete the thread, erasing all connections.
    02-20-09 01:03 PM
    I just emailed one of the online moderators (green light on) and asked it to be changed to Sign543, a username I've been using for nearly 10 years. Thanks for all the help, hopefully it will be changed post haste!

You've all been very helpful!

Tony
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    It appears that your name HAS been changed on all your posts. All I see is your user name

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 01:16 PM
    Looks like Reed or another mod worked some magic!
    Yes, and I am very pleased now. I've never been more happy! Well, except for that incident with the corn chowder and a very cute model. Not a human model, a model airplane.

What were YOU thinking??
    02-21-09 11:17 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    It appears that your name HAS been changed on all your posts. All I see is your user name

~Jazzi~

Yes, the moderator came through, yay!! And thank you. I can't pry my BB from my hands. Which makes for a strange bathroom experience. *sigh*
    02-21-09 11:18 AM
    LOL! I remember when I was in high school and we got to go on the computers for the first time. The teacher would hand you a veritable booklet of codes.
    In my junior high school in the mid 80's, we only had computers in the library and you had to sign up to use them during lunch or free period. It was very difficult getting in because the signup logs were always backed up. They were the computers that had the keyboard built in to the monitor. One big luggy machine and you could do goofy, boring programs like math or other things.

We were all so intrigued by them at that time...and now look. We hold even more powerful machines right in the palm of our hand. The BB would have appeared as SCIENCE FICTION back in 1984.
    02-21-09 11:20 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD