Hi,

I bought an unlocked BB Pearl ( white from T-mobile) and I'm trying to use it with cingular. However the browser doesn't work and i can't send or receive picture messages. I went to the cingular store and they were useless...

PLEASE HELP!
    08-01-07 01:08 PM
    I'm no expert compared to alot of the other folks on here, but I had the same problem. After looking into my contract with At&t, I did not have "internet", so after spending an additional $44.95 per month, my icon appeared and I was surfing in no time.
    08-01-07 01:16 PM
    is there a way to get the browser and just pay per use? thanks again
    08-01-07 02:09 PM
    I read somwhere that you can surf with Opera browser on your BB device. So try install it...
    08-01-07 03:41 PM
    Make sure your Data Plan includes it - and resedn your Service Books. but worth checking with your SP.

Although i am in the UK so check with a fellow USA user
    08-01-07 03:48 PM
    ok 2 more really dumb questions-

how do i install the opera browser? and how do i resend the service books? thanks again...
    08-01-07 04:30 PM
    To install Opera browser you have to have a data plan because you have to install it OTA (over the air). To resend your service books you go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>scroll to the bold one and click the trackball>and click Register Now. You should get a message in your messages that says your handheld has been registered with the network. Hope that helps!
    08-01-07 09:04 PM
    I'm a n00b, so this may be common knowledge, but MMS and internet seem to be the 2 things that don't work when you get an unlocked phone from another carrier. I googled it a bit and I came up with these settings. I'm not saying this is going to fix you problems, but it may be good to see if you've got these inputted:

[ok, I had the settings to cut and paste but I can't add them because it says I need 10 points to post url's.]

Anyways, maybe I can still help. I googled "get mms internet working with unlocked pearl" and the first hit came up with unlocked pearls for sale. I clicked on the support tab and it lists all the internet settings and MMS settings for Cingular. This looks to be what you need.

Hope that was helpful.

Chriswaar
    08-02-07 11:57 AM
    You need to make sure you have the right APN Settings....These can be found anywhere and this might solve some issues.
    08-02-07 02:31 PM
    ok i'm definitely closer to a solution!!! Thanks again

where do i check the APN settings?
    08-02-07 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD