So I've been cruising the site for a month or so now and finally signed up. With all the talk of the BB Storm coming out and my growing frustration with AT&T, I figured I would ask the experts, people who actually use the products and providers.

I've had AT&T for several years, I became a BB user (love it) in June this year. I'm currently using the 8310 curve and love the phone. My problem is I'm droping calls in areas that in my opinion I shouldn't be. I live in AL, in the captital, and drop calls in town. I also drop calls in Mobile which is a good size city. I have become increasingly frustrated with the issue and since I signed a 2 yr agreement in June I feel stuck. I have changed curves twice, sim cards and cell phone numbers twice in order to get the phone to work with texting and everything. So now I'm dropping calls.

I guess the question is, is it the phone or AT&T? I've heard all good about Verizon but I fell in love with BB at AT&T. Can anyone help as I'm just ready to be done with the cell phone world.

Thank you!!!!
    11-11-08 03:47 AM
    So I've been cruising the site for a month or so now and finally signed up. With all the talk of the BB Storm coming out and my growing frustration with AT&T, I figured I would ask the experts, people who actually use the products and providers.

I've had AT&T for several years, I became a BB user (love it) in June this year. I'm currently using the 8310 curve and love the phone. My problem is I'm droping calls in areas that in my opinion I shouldn't be. I live in AL, in the captital, and drop calls in town. I also drop calls in Mobile which is a good size city. I have become increasingly frustrated with the issue and since I signed a 2 yr agreement in June I feel stuck. I have changed curves twice, sim cards and cell phone numbers twice in order to get the phone to work with texting and everything. So now I'm dropping calls.

I guess the question is, is it the phone or AT&T? I've heard all good about Verizon but I fell in love with BB at AT&T. Can anyone help as I'm just ready to be done with the cell phone world.

Thank you!!!!
    I had AT&T and Sprint, now I have just a BB 8330 with Sprint. AT&T coverage sucked for me. Look at the bars on the phone. If you have only 1 or 2 bars, chances are very good you will drop calls. As to the two year contract, which is cheaper the early termination fee or the rest of the contract. You will find it is cheaper to cancel than it is to continue with the poor service.
    11-11-08 07:18 AM
    you never want to switch providers because of a cool new phone, and coming to vzw, you get to sit on the sidelines and wait 6 months to a year longer to get phones that come out on the gsm carriers first. plus vzw is a little more $$$.
    If it's straight coverage you want, get a storm and do the 30 day test drive before you port out of at$t, you can just forward your existing # to the storm for 30 days, then if you like everything, port at the 30 days and pay the etf.
    I don't know if this is still the case, but I went to a 3rd party vzw rep when I ported from sprint and they kicked for some accessories and waived the activation fee, which actually covered my sprint etf..
    GL
    11-11-08 08:15 AM
    I talked to att today and they said since they can't hold up their end of the contract I can get out and they will waive the fee. I also talked to a friend of mine that works for att who said its not uncommon for people in town to leave them for verizon because there are so many att dead spots. I'm not switching for the phone, not even sure I'll like a touch screen. Verizon has the curve which I do love so if the storm isn't for me then I'll get the curve. I'm in law enforcement and really need reliable service. I've only heard good things about Verizon's service. Plus I just heard they are buying out sprint and nextel. Anyone know anything about that?
    11-12-08 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD