Hello,

I just got a 8330 from Sprint...absolutely love it, except for one thing.

Whenever I use the browser to access a secure page (like log in to gmail, or any other website), I get a pop-up telling me that "you are attemting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted." I click continue, and it loads, but that process takes forever.

I installed Google updater, so I could update and install all the apps at once. During each download, I would get the message seven or eight times, sometimes one right after another, and the process took forever.

Is there some setting I can change to avoid this?

Thanks...feel free to send me a message via messenger...none of my friends have berries, and I'm dying to try it out.

-Neil
    pin: 30463f9a
    Last edited by tkerugger; 09-10-08 at 03:20 PM. Reason: whoops...typed in the model # incorrectly...
    09-10-08 03:17 PM
    Well, I think I figured it out...

I uninstalled some apps that I had installed (NFL Mobile live, gmail, etc), and the BlackBerry restarted. Afterwards, it seemed to work much better, though it was a little sluggish.

I'm thinking of wiping it and starting over...in the Wipe Handheld menu, it asks if I want to delete 3rd party apps. Do I? If I restore from one of my backup files, will it reinstall them, or do I need to seek them out again?

Also, I'm a little disappointed in the build quality compared to my Treo 755p...it seems a little creaky when I type on the keyboard. Normal?

Thanks!

-Neil
    09-10-08 09:53 PM
    Don't wipe your phone!! Simply change your cert settings! You'll be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 10:22 PM
    I believe the back-up doesn't restore 3rd party apps (not sure on this one.) If none of them were purchased (free), I would do it. It's always better to start clean in case you d/led a corrupted file. Definitely back-up your conatatcs, tasks, calendar etc..
    09-11-08 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD