Hello everybody!

I have recently come to the conclusion that I need a new phone. (Well, my wife came to that conclusion) My Moto i335 has a ridiculously poor battery life and is not much in the way of a phone. Essentially it's *a phone* and not really useful for much else. As a field repair tech I need something that can do more...

On our plan, I've found that the Curve 8330 is the best bet. It has all the stuff I'd ever need and is a good price ($50 as an upgrade) and my wife decided that she needs one too!

We don't have the phones yet but I've spent all weekend reading reviews, looking at specs, evaluating software, checking out accessories...I've even started making my own ringtones (Vivaldi and Grieg for starters).
    A few months ago I accidentally put my mp3 player (Creative Zen) in the washing machine, so this will play my music and podcasts. I've never had a GPS so I need a car mount. And a cigarette adapter. And a Bluetooth headset. And maybe an FM broadcaster. And a navy blue skin over the red case to match my Boston Red Sox gear. (My wife wants the titanium) And maybe a matching rollerball. And I think I've just potentially spent more on accessories than the retail value of the phone!

So I will be trolling the forums here rather thoroughly, and I hope to get to know you all well!

Belhade
    10-18-09 03:15 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 06:22 PM
    Hello from my new Blackberry!

First off, thank you Sprint for getting our shipping address wrong and sending it to our neighbor. My wife frraked out but I retrieved it from him after work.

This thing is great. I've already queued up three months of podcasts for my commute, started up Google Maps w/GPS, loaded CrackBerry, two gmail accounts, AIM and a hidden dock theme. The loudspeaker is great, as are my old Plilips headphones since the enclosed headsdet wouldn't fit in Shaq's ears, let alone mine! Typing isn't too bad since I have tiny little hands.

But I'm on the road now so I should get off this thing.

Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 03:39 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and congrats on your choice of a BB...

Here's a list of free OTA apps you might be interested when you get your BB (access the link from the BB browser)

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    10-23-09 03:45 PM
    I too am new to the smartphone world through verizon. I wasn't even planning on a smartphone initially since i was at the store only to get the kids new phones (any parent of a teen will agree that they go through phones faster than ever imagined).

I was offered a deal for a free Storm 1. Since i was also offered a reduced price for a second phone, i figured, why not? I would just give one of the kids my ENV2 phone which was in temendous condition.

I have to say that with the ability to stream audio (MLB, iHeart radio, Wunder Radio, YourMuze), i no longer listen to my car stereo and have to deal with weak signals. What a bonus.

Not to mention that i have all my informaiton needs in one place. My wife is now the possessor of my iPod touch since I can also sync my podcasts and music to the Storm.

Since I also use it for my enterprise work email and calendar, I find myself to be much more on top of things and are more responsive.

Yes, the phone will occasionally freeze, but the benefits for me FAR outweigh the negatives.

Great purchase!!
    06-30-10 09:35 AM
    Good deal Speedy! Welcome to CB, glad you found us! If you got any questions or problems please let us know, but it sounds like you are already off to a GREAT start. Don't miss the Storm 9500/9530 Forum section.
    06-30-10 09:45 AM
    Welcome to the forums!
    06-30-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD