Howdy! I've had my Pearl 8130 for a few weeks now and mostly love all that it can do. I upgraded from a phone that basically made calls; boy, have I been missing out.

For the last week or so, I haven't received any SMS messages. I think it happened about the time I tried to change my e-mail address that was showing up on my Yahoo list. (Seemed silly to have Yahoo and BB showing the same e-mails and I wanted to add another Yahoo address instead.) I'm not sure what I did when I tried to get rid of the Yahoo; in the end, I just moved the icon to the bottom of the Apps list.

So ... what's going on with my SMS? (I can send messages, and I'm receiving phone calls, so it's not a network issue.) And, how can I get BB to show e-mails from one Yahoo account and the Yahoo thing to show mail from a second Yahoo account?

Many thanks!
    11-14-08 03:32 PM
    what's your file free under options/status? it sounds like you are low on memory. take a look at the memory link in my signature it will help alot
    11-14-08 03:43 PM
    Hrm, yeah, I have 0 bytes file free. That's not good. I'll read your link after I post this.

And it brings up another question. When I use an app, can I hit the hangup button to close it fully, or do I have to use the menu and hit close? I've been wondering if the hangup button means the app isn't fully closed and exited, if you follow.
    11-14-08 03:50 PM
    Also, I have an 8M memory card in the phone.
    11-14-08 03:51 PM
    You have to go to menu and close. Follow this link to help free up memory. Memory Optimization
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

You can have up to 10 different emails - I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 03:57 PM
    Make sure your pics and stuff are automatically saved to your card. Apps and themes can not be saved to your cards.

Welcome to CB Nation!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 03:58 PM
    Hrm, yeah, I have 0 bytes file free. That's not good. I'll read your link after I post this.

And it brings up another question. When I use an app, can I hit the hangup button to close it fully, or do I have to use the menu and hit close? I've been wondering if the hangup button means the app isn't fully closed and exited, if you follow.
    You're absolutely right, hitting the "END" button usually doesn't fully close them. You can hold down the ALT button and then press the ESC (immediately to the right of the trackball), and then scroll thru your open apps and menu,close them (or ALT-Q for some). BB messenger, Browser, Messages, and Call Log are always running.

Surprised your BB didn't completely seize up and crash with 0 bytes free - it's recommended to have at least 12 MB free for minimal smooth operation.
    11-14-08 04:04 PM
    Hey, now that I'm actually closing stuff, I have more bytes! Still working on the SMS, though.

Many thanks!

(BTW, there's a shuttle launch tonight! Woo hoo!)
    11-14-08 04:04 PM
    You're absolutely right, hitting the "END" button usually doesn't fully close them. You can hold down the ALT button and then press the ESC (immediately to the right of the trackball), and then scroll thru your open apps and menu,close them (or ALT-Q for some). BB messenger, Browser, Messages, and Call Log are always running.

Surprised your BB didn't completely seize up and crash with 0 bytes free - it's recommended to have at least 12 MB free for minimal smooth operation.
    Open Apps, is that the list that comes up when you go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications? Or else how do I know if the apps are open?

My plan was to spend the first week all over CB and BB to learn this stuff. Then life got in the way. Ah well. It's like Mr. Burns said about mice and men.
    11-14-08 04:08 PM
    ya follow that guide and you will increase that number by alot
    11-14-08 04:09 PM
    and to see open apps hold the alt key and press the back key the ones that will always be open are home screen, browser, messages, phone, and bb messenger
    11-14-08 04:12 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry family!
    You down in Canaveral then? I'm in "Rocket City".
    11-14-08 04:44 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-14-08 06:16 PM
    Welcome to the family!
    11-14-08 10:38 PM
    Here's a follow up. Now I'm getting SMS like nobody's business, but my Yahoo e-mails aren't forwarding (to either the message list or the Yahoo icons). Grrr!!! My free memory is pretty steady at 7.5MB, with my total at 50M. I've triple-checked that everything possible is closed.

Otherwise, the phone's been pretty cool.

Oh, and JefsJen: Yep, I'm in Brevard (live and work well south of the Cape). Went up there Friday for the night launch, my first from that close. Glorious! Space Land is my nickname for the area, but it's otherwise known as the Space Coast.
    11-17-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD