I have had my Pearl 8110 for 5 months or so. I connected it to the desktop software when I first got it, and literally haven't touched the desktop software since. I was looking into the new OS, and it seems like the Blackberry website has released it but AT&T has not? AT&T is my carrier...should I wait for AT&T to release theirs? Is that the safest thing to do? I <3 my berry and I just want whats best for it

Also...where do you recommend I save the file that appears on my desktop when I do a backup? Should I just create a new "blackberry" folder on my desktop or is it supposed to go somewhere specific?
    Last edited by berryfiend586; 10-03-08 at 10:20 PM.
    10-03-08 10:17 PM
    I have had my Pearl 8110 for 5 months or so. I connected it to the desktop software when I first got it, and literally haven't touched the desktop software since. I was looking into the new OS, and it seems like the Blackberry website has released it but AT&T has not? AT&T is my carrier...should I wait for AT&T to release theirs? Is that the safest thing to do? I <3 my berry and I just want whats best for it

Also...where do you recommend I save the file that appears on my desktop when I do a backup? Should I just create a new "blackberry" folder on my desktop or is it supposed to go somewhere specific?
    While 4.5 is released for your phone it is not released for your carry. Its supposed to be coming out soon, but I can't say for sure. If you do decide to run the new OS, you should read the forums, search the Proper Upgrade/Downgrade procedure utilizing the search function and learn your berry

It really doesnt matter where you save it as Desktop Manager will search for it on its own. Just make to delete the Vendor.xml file, which you can locate also doing a search in the forums

Welcome to CB!
    Last edited by morales0416; 10-03-08 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typ
    10-03-08 10:30 PM
    When you select backup, DM will put it where it wants it. I. Always let it save to the default location. I would recomend that you back up your device more often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 10:34 PM
    Thanks

I think I'll just wait for the AT&T release...Im perfectly happy with my BB as it is.
    10-04-08 10:38 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD