Hi all,

Had my Curve 8320 for around 8 months now and am well pleased with it, however I am currently using OS 4.2 and would like to upgrade to 4.5 but I am concerned about losing all my contacts etc (I have already backed them up) but will upgrading to 4.5 automatically clear all of my existing contacts/emails etc? or will the backup have to be used afterwards? also do I have to upgrade my desktop manager as well to 4.6? (i am currently using 4.2)

Many Thanks in advance
    10-23-08 02:37 PM
    The upgrade process will create a backup of its own for your personal data and restore it after the new os has been installed.
    10-23-08 02:42 PM
    OK Great thx for your reply, will I have to install DM 4.5 as well? and do I have to uninstall the other OS device from my desktop?
    10-23-08 02:51 PM
    Soz I meant to say install DM 4.6 :-)
    10-23-08 02:52 PM
    Sunkast has covered your backup question. With regard to Desktop Manager then your OS and Desktop Manager version do not need to match. The latest version is 4.6, it would be up to you if wanted to install it, you don't have to. I have 4.6 installed and like the user interface. In my opinion I would go for the version without Roxio media manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 02:55 PM
    OK Many thanks guys for your help much appreciated
    10-23-08 03:17 PM
    If you are on T-Mobile make sure it is DM from their website. There are different point releases of 4.6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD