Hi all -- This forum has been invaluable in helping me get up and running on my new-to-me BB 8310. I do have a couple of questions, so please be gentle!

I "inherited" my boss' BB when he moved to an iPhone. It's using OS 4.2.2.170, platform 2.5.0.30. I downloaded the most recent BB desktop, went to ATT and tried to download the latest OS and my BB seized up about halfway through the process No harm done, I removed the battery and started it up again, and am back to using the old software. Am I missing something in this process? I know there are newer versions out there but a) I'm not that savvy about computers and b) don't know enough about the BB yet and am afraid I'd screw things up.

ALSO....I'd like to bring over my old Palm Tungsten Calendar, but not the contacts. Is this do-able?

Thanks.
    11-05-08 12:12 PM
    take a look at the proper upgrade/downgrade link in my signature
    11-05-08 12:22 PM
    You shouldn't be trying to update the OS if you just got the device. You need to take time to learn how the device operates and behaves first.

Try using the switch device wizard in Desktop Manager to copy the calendar from your palm to the BB.
    11-05-08 12:24 PM
    Take the time to get to know your blackberry before trying to upgrade it. If you insist on giving it a shot, check out the proper upgrade/downgrade procedures. There is a link in my signature. I recommend waiting, though.
    11-05-08 12:26 PM
    Yup, waiting is exactly what I'm going to do. I'll get to know the device and do lots of reading first. Thanks, all, for your help.
    11-05-08 12:33 PM
    And WELCOME to CrackBerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-05-08 12:53 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!! You should def listen to sunkast and get to know the device and learn the terminology of the blackberry world before trying to update the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 01:32 PM
    Upgrading is not easy, as I've seen several threads where folks have problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it yet, until you get more comfortable with the phone! BTW, welcome to CB!
    11-05-08 09:23 PM
    Welcome to CB!!

11-06-08 10:52 AM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-06-08 07:43 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy your addiction
    11-07-08 07:01 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB.