Hey every1, new to CB and so far so good! I do have a question though so here goes. How do I use my 8110 as a modem for my xbox 360's xbox live? Thanks in advance
    08-19-08 11:08 AM
    First off, welcome to CB! I'm not sure your Pearl would be able to support the bandwidth needed to play online games, I know that bandwidth speeds are typically lower on phones than they are on regular broadband connections.
    Last edited by impy5; 08-19-08 at 12:18 PM.
    08-19-08 12:11 PM
    I belive the op has pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 12:16 PM
    I belive the op has pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oops! Fixed!
    08-19-08 12:18 PM
    First off, welcome to CB! I'm not sure your curve would be able to support the bandwidth needed to play online games, I know that bandwidth speeds are typically lower on phones than they are on regular broadband connections.
    I would have to disagree... The latency is WAY too high to support playing online games using the bb as a modem and the uplink isnt fast enough to reliably support that Satellite internet has a little lower latency and still cant support that and its constant speed (provided the weather is nice out). Also can we say HELLISH data charges on top of getting kicked off your service for a TOS violation? Well that is if they arent blocking the ports already to prevent such usage.

(Remember in the cellular world now UNLIMITED means unlimited until you breach 5Gb of data)
    Last edited by BlondeBoyL; 08-19-08 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added info
    08-19-08 12:19 PM
    08-19-08 12:36 PM
    not sure about any of this but i know that with my Curve that our internet went out and my BF was able to make it to here we were able to use the Curve to allow his computer to acess the internet and jsut to test it he was playing World of Warcraft, which i would think would take a lot more to run than the XBox 360.
    08-19-08 04:29 PM
    Hello & welcome to the cb family! Enjoy your new phone.
    08-19-08 11:49 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I believe the ONLY real answer to your question is right here ^.

08-20-08 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD