Well, I purchased my Blackberry Pearl off of eBay (might have been my first mistake). I use it with my T-Mobile carrier. When I got it, the guy I got it from still had his e-mail account registered to the Yahoo! Go program, so I did the "wipe handheld" option. Now when I try to set up the Y! Go thing, it says there is no internet connection. It says to check:
    1. Your phone has coverage (how do I do that)
    2. Connection settings are ok (such as?)
    3. Flight mode is NOT active (it's not)
    4. Your phones security settings allow online access (not sure how to tell)
    5.You ALLOW network access (can't find this setting and how to change it)

My phone lets me go on T-Zones and other websites, but says it has no internet connection. I really don't know what is wrong, nor no I know much at all about Blackberrys, so please be patient when trying to help me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    04-17-08 09:09 AM
    Yes, eBay is not the best place to buy BBs without asking the proper questions first.
    Has the user also removed his PIN from his former BIS account on his carrier. He must.

Do you have a BB Data Plan from TMo? You must.
    04-17-08 09:11 AM
    Thanks. I just changed my plan online and added the "unlimited blackberry add-on" for 19.99 a month. Is this the right thing to add? It says it takes effect within 24 hours. It's not working yet, but I didn't expect it to. Should this help to solve my connection problems?
    04-17-08 10:34 AM
    Welcome to CB Newbie!
    04-17-08 11:01 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    04-17-08 12:10 PM
    Yea that will most definately help your data connection problems. If you do your searching eBay is not that bad you get anything cheaper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 12:13 PM
    welcome to CB!
    04-17-08 12:20 PM
    Hello, and welcome!
    04-17-08 02:15 PM
    Welcome... YOu may want to hard cycle your berry and it should work...

Remove the battery for about 10-15 seconds and then put it right back in.
    04-17-08 10:08 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    04-17-08 10:20 PM
    welcom to cb
    04-17-08 11:29 PM
    Welcome to our family
    04-17-08 11:41 PM
    Welcome to CB Family... Umm, I feel weird doing this cuz I don't own a BB yet!!
    04-18-08 06:39 AM
    If after a few hours you still can't get it to work, call your provider to be sure that the seller released the pin. Welcome

04-18-08 06:55 AM
    OK, so T-Mobile just sent me a text saying that the changes took effect with my account, meaning the unlimited blackberry addon is in effect, but I still can't connect.

Diagnostics report:

Radio Data Activation: No
    Signal Level: Unknown
    Radio Access: Unknown
    Network: Unknown
    IP Address: Unknown
    ICMP Ping Echo: No

Blackberry registration: No
    Connected to BlackBerry: No
    BlackBerry Pin-Pin: No

PIN: 23e00713
    MSISDN: (my number)

Device type: Blackberry 8100
    Application Version: 2.3.0.83
    Service Books: AWPPushConfig, WAP, WAP, BrowserConfig
    Free File Space: 29277548 bytes
    04-18-08 07:33 AM
    Go to option>network>menu>start provisioning

04-18-08 07:53 AM
    There is no option for that.

I went to options>mobile network>menu> and the only options are Help, Change Option, Diagnostics Test, Switch App and Close.
    04-18-08 07:56 AM
    Go to option> advanced option>host routing table>menu>register now if that doesn't work your gonna need to contact t mo

04-18-08 07:59 AM
    You need to go into your settings menu, find advanced settings, open the menu, scroll to Host Routing Table, open menu, scroll to the numbers in bold print, press your menu key and select Register Now. You'll receive a message telling you you've registered with the network. Once you've done this, go back into settings, find advanced options and open, scroll to TCP and open. Type into APN wap.voicestream.com. Save and that should allow you web access. Hope this helps. Welcome and keep us posted!

04-18-08 08:37 AM
    If you do make those changes and add wap.voicestream.com you must do a hard rest on the phone. Pull the battery out for 10 seconds and then reinsert it.
    04-18-08 08:43 AM
    You need to go into your settings menu, find advanced settings, open the menu, scroll to Host Routing Table, open menu, scroll to the numbers in bold print, press your menu key and select Register Now. You'll receive a message telling you you've registered with the network. Once you've done this, go back into settings, find advanced options and open, scroll to TCP and open. Type into APN wap.voicestream.com. Save and that should allow you web access. Hope this helps. Welcome and keep us posted!

How long does it usually take to get the message?
    04-18-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD