Hi,
    Just bought my first Blackberry last Fri. Its the new Curve 8330 I love it but have 2 questions about the net. I tried browsing EBay the other nite and every time I opened an auction I got an error message, is there something wrong with my fone? Also I keep hearing mixed things is flash player available for the newer fones? Its driving me nuts like every page I goto is flash. I've heard with an os upgrade its capable of supporting it? Its annoying enough where I'm contemplating returning the fone.
    Thanks guys,
    Anthony
    11-30-08 12:15 PM
    Just wanted to say welcome to CrackBerry.

I am a Pearl user right now so cannot answer your question on the Curve but hopefully my response will bump ya until someone much wiser then me can respond to you.

Have a good one and hope you like your new Curve.
    11-30-08 12:35 PM
    Hi,
    Just bought my first Blackberry last Fri. Its the new Curve 8330 I love it but have 2 questions about the net. I tried browsing EBay the other nite and every time I opened an auction I got an error message, is there something wrong with my fone? Also I keep hearing mixed things is flash player available for the newer fones? Its driving me nuts like every page I goto is flash. I've heard with an os upgrade its capable of supporting it? Its annoying enough where I'm contemplating returning the fone.
    Thanks guys,
    Anthony
    I am not completely certian about the flash, i've heard mixed things as well. I believe there are 3rd party os that you can download which will allow for it but i dont know what any are, i'll do some research for you.

as far as your error message, try downloading the opera mini program to run it instead of the normal bb browser.
    11-30-08 12:36 PM
    Sometimes the native BB browser can have some issues on certain websites. Do you have Opera mini installed? Opera mini will render some sites better. There is no flash for BB that I know of.
    11-30-08 04:54 PM
    There's currently no Flash for BlackBerry.
    11-30-08 05:36 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! Try opera mini
    11-30-08 05:55 PM
    11-30-08 06:19 PM
    Opera Mini 4.2 Can render some of the sites more acurately than the BB browser. Ist there a Blackberry or Java app for Ebay? I remember using the phone app to bid for my old Centro. Look it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:25 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:27 PM
    I've played on ebay through yahoo go. And welcome to CB.
    11-30-08 06:33 PM
    I haven't changed or upgraded anything on the phone yet. I did try turning Java on in the browser settings but it still went to that screen that says cant render page. Where can you find Opera Id like to try it. Also if flash player isn't available is there a software that will play flash movies , kind of like both Windows Media player and Real player can play WMV files? Also if during light to normal use my battery just barely makes it a whole day is that normal? When I first got the phone It lasted almost 2 and a half days. The first time I tried to charge it I tried to kill the battery completely then found out that wasn't a good idea so now I just top up when its around a quarter battery. Thanks for the help so far everybody.
    11-30-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD