Hi everyone,

I am holding out for the new Tour on Verizon. I have never had anything like a BB before but I use my phone (although very poorly) to handle my life (calendars, notes, etc). I think the BB will make that so much easier.

I know you can buy applications for BB, which I am really looking forward to checking out soon (grocery lists, to do lists, etc).

But what I was wondering...I want to get a calorie counting/food journal program. I have used the calorie king website in the past and it doesn't appear that they have a BB program. Is it easy to use the web that I could use the calorie king website or should I try to find an application which is the closest to meet my needs?

Sorry it is such a basic question...so is as easy to use a web based program vs an application?

TIA!
    05-31-09 08:09 PM
    It really depends on the website. Some sites have wap versions that work really well with the native BlackBerry Browser. Other sites may not work so well with the native browser, but can be used with an alternative browser such as Bolt or Opera Mini. If you care to post the url of the calorie website, someone could probably look at it for you and tell you how easy it is to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:34 PM
    Thanks for your response.

The calorie king website is:

www dot calorieking dot com (sorry, I can't post a URL until I have 10 posts!)

If the database works, I'm pretty sure the online food journal will work as well.
    06-01-09 01:10 AM
    I just checked it out on my Bold, which should be very similar to the Tour's browser, and the site looks exactly the same like it does on my computer. I didn't have any issues navigating throughout the site.
    06-01-09 01:29 AM
    Thanks for your help! So, the lesson is that you just have to try the site and see if it is acceptable for you to use and if not, then look for an application.
    06-01-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD