Watch and Learn!!!!

----->HERE!!!<-----

and PLEASE pay attention to Tip#2!!!!.... i really can not express how many times i (and MANY others) have had to shuffle through redundant threads to find useful information...

i really hope this helps to clean out the clutter....

Please make this a Sticky

(...i also posted this in BlackBerry Discussion in hopes that it will be watched...)
    05-18-09 01:53 AM
    LOL!!! This is classic! 2nd to make this a sticky
    05-18-09 01:57 AM
    Third given. Now let us see if democracy works.
    05-18-09 01:58 AM
    This thread will make absolutely no difference as most new forum users are neither computer nor forum savvy. They also tend to feel their problem is unique and start a new thread regardless of whether the question has been asked before.

It's just as easy to help them as it is to berate/belittle them.

Just as you can choose to post in a thread, you can choose not to post in a thread.
    05-18-09 02:02 AM
    LOL nice. I liked the part where the voice changed.
    05-18-09 02:03 AM
    This thread will make absolutely no difference as most new forum users are neither computer nor forum savvy. They also tend to feel their problem is unique and start a new thread regardless of whether the question has been asked before.

Just as you can choose to post in a thread, you can choose not to post in a thread.
    This is very true, however, sometimes after helping people it is fun to play around in a thread. As well as, i don't know.... laugh?

Someone make this man a moderator as he takes all threads very seriously, (in a community that tends to have a lot of fun, and not be so serious.)
    05-18-09 02:04 AM

the issue isn't whether to post in a thread or not post..... but how many of the SAME threads get repeated.....

i can't tell you how many threads i have read in regards to:

YouTube
    "Where can i find cool Themes???"
    "Where can i find Wallpapers??"
    How do i get apps on my BB??
    What are the coolest/must have apps??
    What apps are free??
    What is OTA???

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddd of COURSE we can not forget the GRAND DADDY of them all:

"Which is better.... the iPhone or the Bold??"..... OMG!!

Seriously,....... it's really getting out of control..... something NEEDS to change...
    Last edited by 2.FiF; 05-18-09 at 02:15 AM.
    05-18-09 02:11 AM
    Someone make this man a moderator as he takes all threads very seriously, (in a community that tends to have a lot of fun, and not be so serious.)
    I don't take it as seriously as the wolves that pounce upon the newbies who ask for help.
    05-18-09 02:12 AM
    I don't take it as seriously as the wolves that pounce upon the newbies who ask for help.
    A the fire fighter who puts out flames. A respectable job, and someone has to do it.
    05-18-09 02:14 AM
    Another thing that you need to realize is that most of those individuals don't even see the stickies, let alone read them...

Chris
    05-18-09 02:19 AM
    but how many of the SAME threads get repeated.....

Seriously,....... it's really getting out of control..... something NEEDS to change...
    Maybe the forum should make a rule that no one that has less than 50 posts can start a thread. However, this wouldn't serve the function of a help forum as it could prevent an important question from being posted.

I've been frequenting computer help/phone related forums for over 15 years and haven't seen a forum that was different.
    05-18-09 02:20 AM
    I've been frequenting computer help/phone related forums for over 15 years and haven't seen a forum that was different.
    Really,.... Because i can mention a couple of wireless forums where redundant threads don't last a day...

don't get me wrong..... i love the Crackberry Forum..... and have found massive amounts of useful information here... and i usually spend most of the day lingering around.....

it's just that i saw the video and i thought of Crackberry.... i sincerely hoped it would help...
    05-18-09 02:32 AM
    lol good thread OP however like someone else said I don't think that most newbies read stickies. (just watch, in a few minutes someone will start a thread asking which OS is the newest)

-at least once a week, someone thinks that THEIR thread is the one that should be stickied, which would result in 50 stickies.

I think that better solutions would be to
    -make the search button/box larger and more visible.
    - or select a moderator that has the sole duty of merging duplicate threads.

either way, I'm used to it all, I just answer when I have time to do so.
    05-18-09 08:58 AM
    or select a moderator that has the sole duty of merging duplicate threads.

either way, I'm used to it all, I just answer when I have time to do so.
    That mod would be busier than a one legged man in an *** kickin contest. I would agree with merging the post into existing posts however, at the same time explain to the poster where the post was moved/merged. The worst thing that could happen would be discouraging new users from posting. Imagine how boring this place would be with only experienced users with no issues as "no issues = no posts"
    05-18-09 09:43 AM
    i wanna know why we always chastise the new people who only come to CB for help... If you don't wanna answer a questions 100 times, then don't respond, no one has a gun to your head
    05-18-09 09:56 AM
    Make it required viewing once initial signup is completed!
    05-18-09 10:05 AM
    If you don't have a good sense of humor, are thin skinned, or tend to take anonymous people too serious, you might not wanna post on the internet. It was a funny video.
    05-18-09 10:17 AM
    If you don't have a good sense of humor, are thin skinned, or tend to take anonymous people too serious, you might not wanna post on the internet. It was a funny video.
    are you referring to me?
    05-18-09 10:22 AM
    are you referring to me?
    You're kidding, right? Absolutely not, you are one of the most pleasant people on here. I didn't have anyone in mind. Some people just get so pissed off on here for little things. IMHO, we should either let it go or have fun with it.
    05-18-09 10:25 AM
    lol

well thank you buddy!

05-18-09 10:27 AM
    I guess I should have blasted the OP for REPOST or USELESS POST of the decade!!!!!!!!!!!! That video has been around for at least 10 years.
    05-18-09 10:35 AM
    I guess I should have blasted the OP for REPOST or USELESS POST of the decade!!!!!!!!!!!! That video has been around for at least 10 years.
    Repost?.... Feel free to use the "Search" button on the top right corner.... And link back to me one other person on Crackberry that has posted this before I have... Don't worry,..... I'll wait...

And UseLess Post?..... About a week or two ago we had 6 YouTube threads all on the same page.... All making the same comments.... That was very useful

I see where your trying to go with this.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:49 AM
    I see where your trying to go with this.....
    This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Bold, so it's shouldn't have been posted in this forum.
    05-18-09 11:14 AM
    i wanna know why we always chastise the new people who only come to CB for help... If you don't wanna answer a questions 100 times, then don't respond, no one has a gun to your head
    I think the OP's link was humorous, but I also agree with benz. I would rather this be a forum than an archive. There really are very few - very very few - new or unasked questions. So if people just read old threads, this would be more like a library than a place for dialogue. And the nice thing about CB is the dialogue - people saying hello and pitching in and chatting and helping. And also tussling, at times.

It's really not hard to ignore/not respond to repeat posts. And it's also not hard to help out. Either way works.
    05-18-09 11:52 AM
    i can't tell you how many threads i have read in regards to:

YouTube
    "Where can i find cool Themes???"
    "Where can i find Wallpapers??"
    How do i get apps on my BB??
    What are the coolest/must have apps??
    What apps are free??
    What is OTA???

aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddd of COURSE we can not forget the GRAND DADDY of them all:

"Which is better.... the iPhone or the Bold??"..... OMG!!
    Tell me, why did you feel the need to read them if they bug you so much?

Sometimes 'Search' doesn't reveal useful content on the word used to carry out the search.
    Sometimes useful content is hidden so deeply in a multitude of 'similar' threads that it's almost impossible to find it.
    Why is it so hard to offer some simple help to someone who needs it, after all there can't be that many different subjects about mobile 'phones but look at the size of the database of posts on this site - it's what makes it a forum and gets people coming back and contributing.
    How hard can it be to pass over a thread if you don't want to read it?
    06-27-09 07:40 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD