Hi everyone, although I don't have my Blackberry yet, with the help of sites like this, I should have one shortly. I am trying to decide if I should get the AT&T Bold, or the Verizon Curve....... Both wireless carriers have good coverage in my area, however, AT&T does work better in my house than Verizon......
    02-21-09 09:04 AM
    I suggest bold. Not because I'm partial to at&t's service, It's just that the bold is a better phone in my opinion, and the 8330 curve won't last that much longer..
    02-21-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks Jake. How is the customer service with AT&T? I've heard good and bad things which is one of the things that is holding me back. Also there have been reports of AT&T's network going down in certain areas for a few hours at a time, which worries me. I've had Verizon in the past, and their CS was always nice to deal with, and I never lost service with them at all.
    02-21-09 09:38 AM
    When i called tech support for my bricked bb, they were so helpful, and while i was waiting on the phone, me and the guy had a talk about which bb was better on their network, using the storm on their network, etc. he was very helpful. verizon cs in my area shouldnt even exist. they are terrible. but then the people seem like they just don't want to work there, either.

as with service, I had a bj2 with 3g, and i had it pretty much everywhere i went.
    02-21-09 09:41 AM
    as with service, I had a bj2 with 3g, and i had it pretty much everywhere i went.
    I just used the BJ2 this past week myself, and although I really liked it, and had 3G coverage everywhere I went, I still found myself wanting more. Which is why I have decided to give Blackberry a try.
    02-21-09 09:57 AM
    Irish whichever you choose prepare for a serious addiction
    02-21-09 10:12 AM
    Hi everyone, although I don't have my Blackberry yet, with the help of sites like this, I should have one shortly. I am trying to decide if I should get the AT&T Bold, or the Verizon Curve....... Both wireless carriers have good coverage in my area, however, AT&T does work better in my house than Verizon......
    This seems like a no-brainer. Looks like you answered your own question. No sense getting a phone you have to stand outside to use & dont forget to hold tin foil in the air for to catch the signal.

Seriously, based on your own words, you'll have a Bold soon.
    02-22-09 01:44 AM
    Depending on where you live the weather may not always be kind enough to let you stand outside if you want to use your BB at home. And trust me... you WILL want to use your BB at home. LOL! So I would go with AT&T if for no other reason than good signal strength. Since this is your first BB the odds that you will love it straight out of the box are extremely high!

Don't forget to come back after you make your choice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:50 AM
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to go with Verizon, and got the 8330 Curve today, due to getting a 22% access, and 22% feature discount though my place of employment. So far I really like it, although I won't have it very long, as I intend to get the BB Niagara when it's finally released. I'm getting 3 signal bars in my house, so reception on this BB shouldn't be an issue........

I only have one problem with it that I noticed when I got it home, and that is a missing Opera Mini icon. If anyone knows what the problem is, please post in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...75#post1756175. Thanks.
    02-22-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD