Hi All,

New to CrackBerry - hope ur all well.

Hope of probs.

I have Pearl 8110 - and the GPRS arrows in my right hand corner are doing over time! And it seems to be draining my battery flat from 100% in four hours or so. Does anybody know what this means.

To make matters worse, I'm now receiving no emails after removing the batter a couple of times!

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
    Damian
    10-20-08 06:51 AM
    The arrows at the top is showing you when your device is sending and receiving data. If you are not receiving data try resending your service books.
    10-20-08 07:32 AM
    What programs did you add recently??? Maybe facebook... if you did remove it.
    10-20-08 07:33 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. As Cut has already said the arrows in the top corner is the sending and receiving of data. If its working overtime then perhaps you have an application working in the background like Viigo or something similar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 07:36 AM
    Hi & welcome to CB.

To see what applications you have running in the background hit your menu key and select switch application. Your phone log, BB messenger, browser, messages will all be there as they run all the time. If you see any applications such as viigo, close them. Its good to ensure that you close any apps properly by hitting menu key and selecting close or exit.

For your emails, either from your email settings icon or carrier/networks BIS webpage resend your service books.

10-20-08 07:43 AM
    What programs did you add recently??? Maybe facebook... if you did remove it.
    The Facebook icon was already on the BB and I have used on and off and seemed ok. I will uninstall if you think it may be a prob.

I have had it for about 6 weeks now and cannot think of why the GPRS is doing overtime just now. No browser open, no Sat Nav search open....v strange. Literally running the battery down from full whack to 0% in a matter of three hours or so.

Thanks for help so far!
    10-20-08 07:47 AM
    Hi & welcome to CB.

To see what applications you have running in the background hit your menu key and select switch application. Your phone log, BB messenger, browser, messages will all be there as they run all the time. If you see any applications such as viigo, close them. Its good to ensure that you close any apps properly by hitting menu key and selecting close or exit.

For your emails, either from your email settings icon or carrier/networks BIS webpage resend your service books.

Thanks- thats useful - will get cracking at that.

Also, Ive removed the battery a couple of times but GPRS still going into overtime. Wouldnt previous searches be deleted if I had left anything accidently open?
    10-20-08 07:58 AM
    Yes, when you pull the battery your internet cache is cleared. This is not your priblem though as somethinh else may be running in the background. Applications do not close by themselves you have to manually close them.

As you have GPS on your device make sure that it isn't running and that your bluetooth is not on.

10-20-08 08:04 AM
    Yes, when you pull the battery your internet cache is cleared. This is not your priblem though as somethinh else may be running in the background. Applications do not close by themselves you have to manually close them.

As you have GPS on your device make sure that it isn't running and that your bluetooth is not on.

Yeah nothing running and bluetooth off - yet its still pretty much perm on.

Only apps on - Browser, BB Messaging, Call Log, Home Screens and Messages.

Think Ill send back today as getting nowehere fast!
    10-20-08 08:23 AM
    You don't have to uninstall facebook. I've had it on my phone since day 1. It doesn't drain your battery cuz the only way it recieves data is if you have you blackberry email linked to it (obviously) and when you use it ie status wall posts etc

10-20-08 08:28 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Your one stop shop for all your addiction needs!
    11-01-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD