This looks like a great site.

I'm new and have had Palm's all my life. I'm happy with my BB 2330 Curve but I'm wondering if there is something I can get that is similar to the Palm Desktop. I just want to be able to edit my address book, calendar, memos etc on my laptop then sync to my bb. Hope I'm not sounding too ignorant.

Also interested in any opinions for "must have" programs.
    12-03-08 07:02 PM
    Do you have Microsoft Outlook? If so, the Desktop Manager that came with your BB will do this.
    12-03-08 07:06 PM

Using outlook and BB desktop manager, I know for sure you can sync your contacts and calendar. I can't speak for memos, maybe one of our other addicts knows a trick or two you can use.
    12-03-08 07:07 PM
    I'm using Outlook as it was something I already had been using for a while. I exported my Palm data to excel, cleaned up tha data and imported it to outlook. Or use Google sync, for the same, but online.

There's lots of discussion threads on the subject of Palm. I'd recommend doing a key word search by thread title. I'll note some search tips below. I'm on my Berry so I can't post links to easily, but if you do the aforemention you will find lots. Just remember to select "by title"

Anyways in the mean time, Welcome to Crackberry!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

Launch your addiction into the next dimension. Go to wap.crackberry.com (from your phone) and install your CB Launcher.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PvT; 12-03-08 at 07:12 PM.
    12-03-08 07:08 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    12-03-08 07:09 PM

Using outlook and BB desktop manager, I know for sure you can sync your contacts and calendar. I can't speak for memos, maybe one of our other addicts knows a trick or two you can use.
    Yes - the BB memo will sync with Outlook's note pad.
    12-03-08 07:15 PM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    12-03-08 11:02 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Happy BlackBerry'ing.
    12-03-08 11:28 PM
    Welcome to CB. I'm always up for friends.

Email me for the pin : Duvi@Crackberry.com
    12-04-08 02:53 AM
    Hey Pamj, welcome to CB!
    12-04-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD