Firstly, a big hello to everyone. Awesome forum and plenty of information for an intimidated newbie like myself.

I'm from Malaysia and i just took possession of my first blackberry, the bold, yesterday.

The phone looks gorgeous, the screen is something else! A bit on the bigger side but with what she has to offer, i can live with the size.

Being new to the "Blackberry" way of things, there's just a couple of things i wanted to find out..

Last night, when i got the phone, the anticipation and all, i popped in my sim card and proceeded to run thru the set up wizard.

When i got to the email bit, i couldn't go further as there is no "blackberry internet service" option. Just the enterprise bit.

This morning, it appeared and i can now add emails etc. And then a SMS/MMS icon also appeared.

And then magically, MAPS also appeared and my local carrier's WAP Portal appeared.

Ive been able to set up Wi-Fi now but when open the browser, how do i tell it to use 3G or Wifi?

Can you actually specify it?

Thanks so much in advance!
    09-23-08 10:18 PM
    Not sure....yet. check out the blackberry 9000 section. That should help you out, other than that Im jealous you have a Bold and I dont and welcome to Crackberry!
    09-23-08 10:28 PM
    haven't got to play with one yet but this may help...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/ Welcome to cB!
    09-23-08 10:30 PM
    congrats on the bold enjoy,welcome to cb!
    09-23-08 11:06 PM
    Welcome to bb man. Always good to have another user from southeast asia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 03:29 AM
    Welcome to crackberry and congrants on your Curve

09-24-08 05:18 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!! Congrats on your new Bold.
    09-24-08 08:54 AM
    Hi and Welcome to CB
    09-24-08 08:56 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    09-25-08 09:40 AM
    Welcome to cb and enjoy the addiction

09-25-08 09:57 AM
    thank you thank you for the warm welcome!

really enjoying the bb so far. software is abit laggy and hangs at times but ive read that the update can fix this for you.

will muster up the courage to get it done real soon
    09-28-08 11:51 PM
    Hi and Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    09-29-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD