Ok...so i am an AT&T customer and right now i own a Motorola V3xx and i am thinking strongly about upgrading later this month to a Blackberry Curve 8310 and honestly i dont know that much about them and i thought that you guys could help me...so i have been looking and doing alot of reseach on them becasue i feel that if i am going to be spending that kind of money that i should at least know what i am getting...alright for starters i am a student so i wouldnt be using my device for business at all so i thought the curve would be a good choice...but what i basically want to know is what am i getting what are the features of the curve...i also looked on the AT&T website and decided that i should probablly go ahead and add the Blackberry Personal package to my plan which includes the unlimited messaging and the unlimited internet...im also wondering once i get the phone what do i do is there alot involved in setting it up or do you even have to do that...will i be all set or are there appications that i will have to purchase seperatly...because like i said i am a student so im just trying to figure this whole blackberry thing out....and also any other help that yall think would be beneficial would be great too...thanks in advance for anything that yall could tell me....
    09-13-08 04:03 PM
    First, WELCOME!!!!

Second, please read the Blackberry 101 lesson's under the Newbies dropdown menu at the top of the page... I have a shortcut in my signature below... you might want to start with this: Lecture 1: Why BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com, and then continue reading.
    09-13-08 05:59 PM
    If your only using a bb like most of the ppl are now. You will have everything pre loaded on your phone that you will need. When you first get it and go through the begining wizard it will set up all your basic functions and needs. There is also a lot of free 3rd party apps you can get later on once you realize your bb can do everything.
    09-13-08 07:03 PM
    The Curve is a great device. Here is an app you might be interested in. StudentDocket - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    09-13-08 07:09 PM
    I agree with the BB Curve there's a lot u can do and welcome to CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 09:36 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com

Since you stated you are student, I would wait until the 8320 comes out. It is the wifi enabled BB. The reason I say this is because most schools/campus' have wifi connection and if you want GPS, all you have to do is stroll over to the Crackberry Store or any other place of preference for a GPS receiver. You will have both wifi and GPS.

09-13-08 10:53 PM
    Also the BB personal only includes data for $30. The $50 plan includes both data and messaging.

If you are on a family plan, I would suggest just having family messaging if any other lines have a $10 plan or more for messaging.
    09-13-08 10:55 PM
    welcome to cb!
    09-14-08 10:22 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

~JEF~
    09-19-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD