i just got into blackberrys on Orange in the UK. i've been fortunate(??) to get a new 8820.

as i havent got to my contract date yet, i havent got my full GPRS(data) package activated yet, so i've been using the wifi at home to get on the net.

if i go to imdb.com or livejournal.com, the thing has started resetting (warm boot, when it comes back online, the wifi is still on and connected) when i go to those web addresses.

it also seems to suck big time at detecting that my wifi is off, and switching to gprs too, i have to manually go into options/advance/browser, to reset the browser to use the gprs (Orange World) by default.

is this the capability of the BB to process pages like LJ.com without falling over? or do i have some other kind of problem. my firmware version is 4.2.2.124, and i'm not aware of any firmware updates from Orange as yet. (I have a feeling i jumped on the BB bandwagon too quick with Orange, who suck with new tech when they release it in general.....)
    Last edited by AJCrowley; 08-12-07 at 02:46 PM. Reason: clarification.
    08-12-07 02:44 PM
    sorry, bumping this coz it's either get a solution, or try and get a replacement handset. the formware upgrade i mentioned is already installed, so that's out
    08-16-07 10:28 AM
    Hm, maybe have to wait an other provider release an OS for the 8820...
    But I'm not totaly sure... maybe we can install any 88xx OS on it?
    I really don't know, but the advanced BB user can tell for sure
    08-27-07 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD