i'm new to this site and will be getting my first BB this thursday. so excited!

anyway i've been reading up a bit and have seen posts on updating operating systems or versions. will i need to do any updates when i first get my BB? what are the first functions that should be completed?

thanks for any insight. i'll be around reading and searching these forums!

Posted from my EnV at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 03:39 PM
    welcome to CB, hope you enjoy your BB
    07-21-08 03:41 PM
    Well since you have Verizon, like me, they don't have any official releases of an OS that will be any higher than the OS that is already on your phone when you get it. But someone else on here might know of an official release, or a Beta, that is higher and could possibly work on your phone. But be forewarned that Beta's still could have bugs and could potentially harm your phone so it's a risk that you have to be willing to take.
    07-21-08 03:43 PM
    i'm too new to the BB to take any risks right now! thanks for the heads up!

are all BB apps free to use and download? i have a memory card to use but it's full of mp3's. will i need to delete songs to make room for apps?

thanks to all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 05:13 PM
    Congrats on the new Crackberry! This sight is addicting. I have it loaded 24/7...
    07-21-08 05:15 PM
    i'm too new to the BB to take any risks right now! thanks for the heads up!

are all BB apps free to use and download? i have a memory card to use but it's full of mp3's. will i need to delete songs to make room for apps?

thanks to all!

No problem, welcome to Crackberry! Not all applications are free. Some cost money, but don't get me wrong, there are many free ones.

And another thing, you can't store apps on your memory card. You actually have to store them on your BB.
    07-21-08 05:19 PM
    It should already come preloaded with the latest official Verizon OS.

Check to see if it's v4.3.0.127 (202)

If so, you have the latest version.
    07-21-08 05:44 PM
    Hello and welcome! You'll love this site. Check out the "Newbies" tab near the top of the site for some great info!
    07-21-08 05:48 PM
    And read the how to forums you'll get a lot of great info there. Enjoy your new addiction

07-21-08 05:50 PM
    It does come loaded w the last official os. 4.3. I wouldn't mess w any betas since it'll be your first berry. Welcome to the site and enjoy the Berry.

07-21-08 06:52 PM
    Welcome to CB! You'll enjoy your Curve.

07-21-08 06:59 PM
    wow, friendly site! thanks, guys! yes, i'll be doing alot of searching on here!

07-21-08 07:03 PM
    Welcome! Make sure you activate email. That's one of the best parts.

07-21-08 07:35 PM
    welcome to the CB family
    07-22-08 02:06 AM
    Welcome to the Crack
    07-22-08 02:14 AM
    Welcome to the berry. Make sure they give your the pipe at the door for the Crack. Just a little advice I'd wait for the BOLD since your so close to something happening guessing VZW should have it hopefully within the next 6 months. I think it will be worth the wait.

07-22-08 06:30 AM
    Welcome to the addiction. Check out the Newbies section. It has really helped me out a lot since I was new to the whole blackberry scene.
    07-22-08 06:59 AM
    i thought about waiting for the Bold. but i figured it'll be another 10 months to a year before VZW gets it. then i'll just have to wait a few months to upgrade to it using the yearly upgrade feature!

i wanted to get started BB'ing right away. i got a great deal on the Curve so i went for it.

07-22-08 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD