What's going on guys, I purchased my first blackberry few days ago n I'm loving it. I have the 8320. I have a few newbie questions regarding this phone. I have lurked around this site for a few days n been satsified with the information. The first problem I been having is trying to install the 4.5 os upgrade. I downloaded the update from the blackbrry site follow the instruction given in this site for installation n I still can get it. After I installed 4.5 on my computer and opened the blackberry desktop, I connect my phone but nothing gets transfer n when I go to add applications the upgrde does not appear? What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do. Another question I have is that when I go on aim I don't see all my friends. I followed the advice of putting all my friends on my mobile buddies but they still don't appear except only 3 of my friends. hopefully u guys can help me, I appreciate ur time and looking forward for more cool things on this phone.
    08-20-08 11:49 AM
    what was your original os?
    08-20-08 12:27 PM
    Did you delete the Vendor file?
    08-20-08 12:30 PM
    If the OS is not from you carrier did you delete the Vendor file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 12:30 PM
    First step, open Widows Control Panel / Programs and verify both Desktop Manager and your device OS are correctly installed.

Second step, download and install CrackMem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

CrackMem will let you configure your install and delete the pesky vendor.xml files.

The last step is to launch Application Loader and it will do the update.

Be sure to leave it alone while it restarts, it could take half an hour.
    Last edited by Reed; 08-20-08 at 02:59 PM.
    08-20-08 02:56 PM
    Can the blackberry curve play youtuve videos?

08-20-08 03:04 PM

No the BB Curve does not support streaming video throught BB Browser.
    08-20-08 03:11 PM
    What's going on guys, I purchased my first blackberry few days ago n I'm loving it. I have the 8320. I have a few newbie questions regarding this phone. I have lurked around this site for a few days n been satsified with the information. The first problem I been having is trying to install the 4.5 os upgrade. I downloaded the update from the blackbrry site follow the instruction given in this site for installation n I still can get it. After I installed 4.5 on my computer and opened the blackberry desktop, I connect my phone but nothing gets transfer n when I go to add applications the upgrde does not appear? What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do. Another question I have is that when I go on aim I don't see all my friends. I followed the advice of putting all my friends on my mobile buddies but they still don't appear except only 3 of my friends. hopefully u guys can help me, I appreciate ur time and looking forward for more cool things on this phone.
    If you are new to blackberries I would become more familiar with it before trying to install a new OS.
    08-20-08 03:18 PM

Try m.youtube.com if that does not work I think you can watch movies from blueapple.mobi
    08-20-08 03:19 PM
    Try m.youtube.com if that does not work I think you can watch movies from blueapple.mobi
    No way! Does that really work? I didn't think the BB Browser would support that.
    08-20-08 03:29 PM
    Should support with os 4.3 or higher.

08-20-08 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, i was able to upgrade and aim works perfect now. Reed thanks for advising crackmen its a great program.
    08-20-08 09:42 PM
    Congrats on the new toy and welcome to crackberry.com
    08-20-08 11:47 PM
    Welcome to CB and the BB family but i can't help you with the problem Im new too lol!!
    08-21-08 01:53 AM
    Welcome..you picked the right place to learn
    08-21-08 01:59 AM
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I have another newbie question. Yesterday I purchased a 2gb memory card, when I go to options the phone recognize the microsd and it showed that I have 1.9 gb. When I hooked up my bb to my computer and opened bb desktop manager to transfer songs it tells me there is not enough space on the disk, why is that if I have 2gb of memory and the phones shows the memory also? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks
    08-22-08 11:18 AM
    Welcome to CB!!! Congrats on your new Curve!
    08-22-08 11:19 AM
    Welcome to CB and the BB family, I am new but learning fast about the different things that BB's can do. Its a wonderful thing...... Bless Crackberry.com and their users without it I would be helpless
    08-22-08 11:31 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    08-26-08 11:47 AM
    No the BB Curve does not support streaming video throught BB Browser.
    Does the BB 9000 Bold or any 3G play the YouTubes?
    08-26-08 01:58 PM
    Whats the deal with the pin#s? Is it bad to list them? Please, advantages & disadvantages... thx!
    08-26-08 02:04 PM
    Welcome to CB
    08-26-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD