Hey forum.

I'm a Verizon customer, and have been for a few years now. In June of 2010 I bought the Motorola Droid (before the Droid X and Droid 2 came out). I still have it and use it regularly, but came across a used (very good condition) silver Curve 8330! This is my FIRST Blackberry, and I plan on using it for a few weeks and then switching between the two phones for fun.

I love everything I can do with my Droid, but also get a bit annoyed at some of its flaws. I joined the forum to see what you guys do with your Blackberry's that can set them apart from a boring smartphone.
    01-12-11 09:30 AM
    Welcome JB! You got yourself a dinosaur, BUT a solid BB none the less. It's great for email, and communication in general. For typing out text, emails and IMs, via BBM, and the other IM clients (facebook, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, etc) It's the keyboard that makes the BB so special. It makes typing on a phone almost a pleasure. There are some solid apps too, althought NOT what you are used to with the Droid.

Check out the General Discussion, the 83XX, BB Apps, and Native Apps sections for more help and info. And of course the rest of the forum. Also feel free to post up and ask questions. You may email or PM me any time.
    JoshB410#CB likes this.
    01-12-11 10:53 AM
    Welcome JB! You got yourself a dinosaur, BUT a solid BB none the less. It's great for email, and communication in general. For typing out text, emails and IMs, via BBM, and the other IM clients (facebook, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, etc) It's the keyboard that makes the BB so special. It makes typing on a phone almost a pleasure. There are some solid apps too, althought NOT what you are used to with the Droid.

Check out the General Discussion, the 83XX, BB Apps, and Native Apps sections for more help and info. And of course the rest of the forum. Also feel free to post up and ask questions. You may email or PM me any time.
    It definitely is the keyboard that makes the phone, and I've always been a fan of the Curve design (whether the Curve or Curve 2) and I found one in very good condition locally so I couldn't pass it up.

What I use the most on my Droid is messaging, Facebook, Twitter, E-Mail, and the Browser. All of these things can be done on the Blackberry so when I'm using it I won't be missing out on much.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been on my fair share of online forums throughout my short life so I'm pretty familiar with everything
    01-12-11 01:46 PM
    Posting from my new phone, this thing is MINT condition! Love it already, even though its a bit out-dated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 11:46 PM
    Yes the 8330 is a great model! Many folks who bought them new are STILL rocking them. You did not do wrong especially if you got it for a good price and it sure sounds like you got one if great condition.
    01-14-11 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD