Hello everybody, I'm Fuuko and I'm a "new" BlackBerry fan. I have been browsing Crackberry for a few weeks now and I think it's time to actually type something!
    I admit that I knew nothing about Blackberrys before I found this website. BlackBerry phones have always charmed and inspired me, I always thought that RIM is the only one to make phones that are actually different from all the others on the market and that they have always been creative without completely reinventing themselves, which I consider to be very positive because it means that they have remained true to themselves and the fanbase. Sadly, I never really got around to have a Blackberry phone but I always wanted one, long story... It's sad to see them sink in this crisis, and how despite their efforts a big part of the market doesn't seem to be interested in their devices.
    I got my first BB10 two weeks ago. I decided to start testing with a Q10 and I'm amazed by the OS, I love everything that is built in and how all those apps work together. So far "remember" is my favourite and I really like the hub. Adding Cobalt's Play Store was amazingly useful as well. I'm endlessly thankful for his hard work! My plan is now to get a Priv and a Passport too (not sure which one to buy first) and to have the 3 of them in my daily phone line up as I'm used to run more devices at one time, each of them for a different purpose. Also, I know that my Q10 is not so new but please consider that to me it's new, the OS, the phone, to me they are a brand new experience, so please understand how amazed I am. (I was an Apple user before, always owned iPhones).‎ I was able to put 200gb micro sd card in it and it's amazing that I finally get to take my huge music collection with me!

Here is also a little story on how I started really admiring Blackberry! My mum had a major issue with her arm in 2014, basically her left arm got paralysed because of a tumor infiltration inside the nerve. She always owned slide-out keyboard phones before and started to feel like the keyboard‎ was too wide to be able to reach everything with one hand. We looked up Blackberry video reviews to make sure everything is reachable and she chose to get a 9000 because of the size and shape. Also the design and professional looks won her over. She doesn't really use apps, but just like me she writes a lot, she requires a physical keyboard to be on her device for sms and emails that's why I recommended her to look for a Blackberry. I thought that the 9000 is really cool, it has helped my mum so much! I just love the professional look. That's why I would like to collect legacy devices. To show my gratitude and of course because they are so charming!‎
    I'm writing way too much but I wanted to post a decent introduction and explain how I became a fan.
    When I found out whatsapp is leaving Blackberry behind I decided to stop using it, even though I'm just a new fan, I was really disgusted by whatsapp's decision and I thought that this is a way to show some Blackberry loyalty.
    This community seems very kind and passionate, I'm very impressed by your hard work and I'm really thankful for all the helpful information I was able to find on here.*
    Thank you for reading, I look forward to hear from you guys. Especially, what is your favourite blackberry legacy device? Do you collect them as well? And which "newer" device should I get next: Priv or Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-17-16 07:53 AM
    Welcome...

I would suggest that you take a little more time to fully understand where BB10 develpment is, and if a BB10 powered Passport would fit your needs.

Otherwise the PRIV is a good Android devcies and does have the slide out keyboard that still screams BlackBerry, and the pricing is now pretty reasonable.
    10-17-16 08:01 AM
    Thank you so much. BB10 development is pretty dead as far as I have researched, is that right? While is the Priv regularly getting Android based updates? Unfortunately the area I'm in right now still has the Passport and Priv both on very high prices, almost on release price, as they have appeared here just recently. But anyway the price is not a problem to and I'll just buy the cheapest I can get anyway, as long as it' s new of course.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 08:15 AM
    Hello,

Nice to meet you Fuuko! I hope your mom will love her BlackBerry and it will remain helpful for her.
    I would recommend you a Passport because it is one of the most iconic BlackBerry phones.

Have a nice time here!
    10-17-16 01:31 PM
    BB10 development is pretty dead as far as I have researched, is that right? While is the Priv regularly getting Android based updates?
    Yes and yes*, respectively.

* Offer void on Verizon
    10-17-16 01:45 PM
    But balancing the PRIV is a pain if you use slide-out PKB, also the battery life is a bit disappointing.

Those were the two main reasons I got a Passport, of course when you are just considering specific use case scenario of typing(just can't get enough) / browsing / amazing email n Hub services / phone calls - audio on the Passport is awesome.

Plus there's some extras I like - native file manager, Password Keeper , (not including BBM here as I have just 1 buddy on the contact list - still trying to find a group from BBM central forum here that has an opening)

But yeah - Passport for most folks they will need to use both hands to use type.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 02:24 PM
    Hello and welcome to Crackberry, enjoy the site.
    10-19-16 07:17 PM
    Welcome To Crackberry!

The Q10 is a great device to start with. The next step is using the Passport or Z30 for the 'full' BB10 experience.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    10-20-16 03:20 PM
    Thanks to all of you for welcoming me and for the advice!
    Sorry about my late response, we are moving and I have been packing a lot. I'll make up for it with some major typing!
    I took myself some more time to decide, I've been considering your points.
    I have decided to pick up a Passport as my next step. I feel like it's the right device for me and I'm appealed to the size and shape.
    I like how small the Q10 is and I feel like the Passport is the bigger and matching square device... they will be a good couple to alternate to each other for different purposes. As I already have an Android tablet I'll pick up the Priv later, because now my priority is owning more BB10 devices...there is still time for more Android. I'm always creeped out that BlackBerry phones are going to become difficult to find in mint condition.

The Q10 is a great device to start with. The next step is using the Passport or Z30 for the 'full' BB10 experience.
    Matty thanks a lot for mentioning this, I did think of it as a great introduction to BB10, it gave me a complete first impression and I look forward to more devices. I still notice how many features are new to me even on the Q10. I like the way even common tasks are more charming on BlackBerry phones. Nothing really new but always different and good. I really needed a new type of system and smartphone in general. The other ones on the market are all too similar to each other!‎ I'm glad I finally tried something different. Never too late for BB10.

Hello, Nice to meet you Fuuko! I hope your mom will love her BlackBerry and it will remain helpful for her. I would recommend you a Passport because it is one of the most iconic BlackBerry phones. Have a nice time here!
    So sweet of you, thank you! I will get the super iconic one soon.
    And yes it's super useful to her and keyboard devices are so hard to find nowadays. We didn't know what to pick at that time and then I thought, "Blackberry phones - when they were popular this was their main feature." I didn't even know they existed anymore - so ashamed of that - never got to see people with BlackBerry phones in my area for at least the past 5 years, no advertising, very hidden in stores when sold at all. She has been using it for 2 years now. We want more legacy devices too!‎

But balancing the PRIV is a pain if you use slide-out PKB, also the battery life is a bit disappointing. Those were the two main reasons I got a Passport, of course when you are just considering specific use case scenario of typing(just can't get enough) / browsing / amazing email n Hub services / phone calls - audio on the Passport is awesome. Plus there's some extras I like - native file manager, Password Keeper , (not including BBM here as I have just 1 buddy on the contact list - still trying to find a group from BBM central forum here that has an opening) But yeah - Passport for most folks they will need to use both hands to use type. Posted via CB10
    Th arm got better thanks to all of her efforts and she can hold it again with both hands, not really type with the left but by holding it, the keyboard size isn't an issue anymore. Not sure if she herself is interested in the Priv though. From what we tested in the store the Priv was kind of difficult to balance in general. I'm still interested in the 18mp camera but it's not something I'd give priority to right now, I'd rather stick with BB10 rather than android. Using my reflex cams for most of my photography but having a good phone cam like that is interesting, I don't always want to carry huge lens and heavy cams for a nice and fast photo. I heard the Passport cam isn't bad?
    Anyway I like everything you mentioned, similiar kind of users I guess. I will really like the Passport it seems.

What color should I pick?

Also #ForeverAlone on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    10-25-16 04:29 PM

Also #ForeverAlone on BBM.
    I am sure that it you post your BBM PIN here you will receive some messages! For example: I will write for sure :P
    10-29-16 03:19 PM
    I am sure that it you post your BBM PIN here you will receive some messages! For example: I will write for sure :P
    how sweet I'm looking forward to this!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fuuchan Oshi; 11-11-16 at 06:33 PM.
    11-07-16 08:49 AM
    Hello everybody, I'm Fuuko

Sorry, couldn't resist. I adore Fu-chan.
    11-07-16 05:00 PM
    Hello! Welcome To Crackberry!
    11-15-16 09:35 AM
    Welcome to the forum!
    12-12-16 03:14 PM