Hello, everybody!

I've recently obtained a BlackBerry Classic and I am absolutely loving everything about the device!

Love the community as well, everyone has been very helpful so far.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-19 11:01 PM
    Hello, everybody!

I've recently obtained a BlackBerry Classic and I am absolutely loving everything about the device!

Love the community as well, everyone has been very helpful so far.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often. What your primary device outside the Classic you’re on?
    12-22-19 02:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often. What your primary device outside the Classic you’re on?
    Thank you kindly!

I'm currently planning on using the Classic as my daily driver, but other than that I used to run with mido (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4).

I have somewhat minimal requirements for my mobile computing, mostly messaging (XMPP) and email, very lightweight browsing. The Classic is doing a great job at what I need it to do so far.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Classic
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-22-19 02:51 PM
    Thank you kindly!

I'm currently planning on using the Classic as my daily driver, but other than that I used to run with mido (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4).

I have somewhat minimal requirements for my mobile computing, mostly messaging (XMPP) and email, very lightweight browsing. The Classic is doing a great job at what I need it to do so far.

Keep your Xiaomi handy since the Classic won’t be able to do certain things but for most things you’ve described it should be fine. Keep in mind to grab as many BB10 apps that you need ASAP with pending BBW shutdown.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-22-19 02:57 PM
    Keep your Xiaomi handy since the Classic won’t be able to do certain things but for most things you’ve described it should be fine. Keep in mind to grab as many BB10 apps that you need ASAP with pending BBW shutdown.
    Any good suggestions as to what to grab?
    I don't use any social networks, so I would only be interested in productivity apps.

12-22-19 03:28 PM
    Any good suggestions as to what to grab?
    I don't use any social networks, so I would only be interested in productivity apps.

I’m the wrong guy for BB10 and besides that’s more preferential. Check the various threads in the BB10 forums by topic.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-22-19 03:33 PM
    I would get the F-Droid app store. It's full of excellent lightweight APKs that don't use any Google services.

Posted via CB10
    johnb_xp and Nathan Snyder like this.
    12-22-19 03:35 PM
    I would get the F-Droid app store. It's full of excellent lightweight APKs that don't use any Google services.
    Already got it, but thanks!
    I was an avid user of F-Droid on Android, used it to install Conversations for XMPP as I couldn't find a native client with MUC support.

12-22-19 03:45 PM
    Same got a Classic, I use it everyday. It does my emails, my MP3's, my TXT's and my Mobile. What else do I need. Not much, I have whatsapp as well just for a few friends.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-20 03:12 PM
    Instagram 9.0.1, Google Maps 9.18.2, Firefox or Kiwi Browser, NewPipe Legacy, Ghost Commander (you can use it to open Android settings), Yalp Store Fork are good android apps to have.

You can install these BB10 native apps without a BBID or BB World. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...064.1555741238
    I recommend KeePassB if you use Keepass or are looking for a good password manager with a native client for every device.
    Nathan Snyder likes this.
    04-01-20 12:51 PM
    Did you purchase a brand new classic or a refurbushed one?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-20 12:44 AM
    Hello, my wife has been a 9930 user for a long time and is in need of a new phone. She likes the Blackberry Classic. Can you please tell me if the phone has the note-taking feature - a blank screen where you can write notes in? Thank you very much.
    07-08-20 05:44 PM
    Hello, my wife has been a 9930 user for a long time and is in need of a new phone. She likes the Blackberry Classic. Can you please tell me if the phone has the note-taking feature - a blank screen where you can write notes in? Thank you very much.

There are several good notetaking apps in BlackBerry World app store for that. Just be aware that the Classic will be lacking in many modern apps (especially social media and banking apps etc).
    07-08-20 07:40 PM
    newpipe

Q10
    08-29-20 10:50 PM