Howdy folks,

Picked up an 8320 earlier this month, and as of today, has sent more text messages and emails (from a phone), in a few short weeks than I have since I have owned a cell phone (since 92).

How do you people pry yourselves away from the little keys? Do they actually coat the damn things with CRACK!?!? They must ... because I can't keep my hands off the damn thing... You'd think I was 15 years old or something. I mean really, being hunched over a BB keypad clicking away is fine if you are at the mall, chilling with your buds (at 15), but at 51, it's.. it's... well it just is !!!

Anyway QWERTY ... I love ya man!!!

Da Bear
    09-20-08 11:15 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

My first was a Curve, that qwerty keyboard make the transition a breeze.

Then I discovered SureType... ever cool!

It takes a bit of adjusting, but it is pure magic, most of the time.

Posted from my PC, just 'cause.
    09-20-08 11:21 PM
    Welcome to crackberry and I'm glad ur enjoying your curve yea its additive...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 11:22 PM
    and QWERTY loves ya too!

Welcome.
    09-20-08 11:45 PM
    welcome to cb and yes its an exciting device this thing that we all are addicted to lollol
    enjoy the addiction
    09-21-08 01:16 AM
    I feel your pain! I/'ve only had mine for a week and I've collected more BB messenger friends than I've ever had IM friends on the computer. It's glued to my had all the time!

Welcome!
    09-21-08 01:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I'm on my first Berry also. A bold no less. I don't know how I ever lived without a qwerty and suretype. Everyday I discover new features on my phone. Makes me wish I adopted Blackberry much sooner.

For the record next week I turn 39. I am laying on my bed stomache down propped up on my elbows like a giddy little 14 year old typing away.
    Last edited by tedesco; 09-21-08 at 01:58 AM.
    09-21-08 01:55 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-21-08 09:57 PM
    Holla holla holla, welcome to cb and have fun.

09-22-08 01:45 AM
    the qwerty is the magic. that and many other things which you will slowly come to discover.

i think it's just the fact that you can use the bb like a mini computer that makes it so enjoyable. email, messenger, browser, rss feeds, etc the list goes on.
    09-22-08 01:57 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! Enjoy your stay!!!
    09-22-08 09:33 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

09-22-08 09:44 AM
    Welcome to crackberry!
    09-22-08 10:43 AM
    Thank you all for the warm welcome(s). As for finding things out about the BB, well lets just say the it hadn't been out of it's box for as long as it takes the shrink wrap to hit the floor... when the thought pooped into my head... wait a second I can upated/grade the OS on this thing... Sooooo upgraded to 4.2.2.184 from 180, when I found that 4.5 was out there, so an hour later 4.5.0.55 was on it.

After that I couldn't keep my fingers off the keys. hehhe
    09-22-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD