<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
    hey everyone, im new to the BlackbBerry phone and to the CrackBerry site. its a pretty kick a$$ phone. i upgraded from a samsung 610. i use my phone for a lot of texting and email checking when im working (UPS). my newbie question is with my old phone i would be able to send a picture text instantly after i took the shot, it was sent to an email. i notice with the pearl that i have to send the pic to an email. i dont have an option to send to a phone. is there something that i am doing wrong? or is that the only way to send a picture? im sorry if you guys have read this question before. thanks for the help.
    01-12-08 01:10 PM
    I don't think Sprint supports MMS so yeah, you have to send via email.
    01-12-08 01:27 PM
    welcome to the forum oakley...
    01-12-08 01:35 PM
    thanks for the welcomes and responses!
    01-12-08 01:39 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

When you get a Sprint Blackberry you lose the typical services you had on a regular phone.

No MMS or Picture Mail option, you have to email pictures. uggh.
    No Call Tones.
    No Ringers on the Sprint Digtal Lounge Page.

You become a step child for Sprint but you have brand new family here on Crackberry.
    01-12-08 01:40 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

When you get a Sprint Blackberry you lose the typical services you had on a regular phone.

No MMS or Picture Mail option, you have to email pictures. uggh.
    No Call Tones.
    No Ringers on the Sprint Digtal Lounge Page.

You become a step child for Sprint but you have brand new family here on Crackberry.
    thanks for that info, i feel lied to now by the sprint rep when i asked them if all the same things apply and they said "YES, you still can do all that stuff". Grrr!

i guess i can just get my buddies email addys for their phones and work it that way. but thats really a bummer to cut out those type of features with this type of phone.

if i didnt get the discount i have through UPS for sprint i may not be with them. im in such a small town i dont have a wide selection of carriers to choose from.

well enough of my rambling, thanks for the info.
    01-12-08 01:48 PM
    thanks for that info, i feel lied to now by the sprint rep when i asked them if all the same things apply and they said "YES, you still can do all that stuff". Grrr!

i guess i can just get my buddies email addys for their phones and work it that way. but thats really a bummer to cut out those type of features with this type of phone.

if i didnt get the discount i have through UPS for sprint i may not be with them. im in such a small town i dont have a wide selection of carriers to choose from.

well enough of my rambling, thanks for the info.
    You are not alone. I am very upset that my $500 BB phone can't do the basic stuff a $100 or free phone can.

A long workaround for the picturemail thing is to email the picture to yourSprintNumber@pm.sprint.com. Once you get the link that you have new picturemail open the link and click forward inside the picturemail site and type in your friends cell number.
    01-12-08 01:52 PM
    Wow I didn't know that about sprint. That stinks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 02:23 PM
    hey & welcome!

and i also didn't know that about sprint. how interesting.
    01-12-08 02:55 PM
    thanks again for the warm welcomes, its great here! everybody is helping out everybody.
    01-13-08 01:48 AM
    That's the idea!
    01-13-08 02:01 AM
    Hi and welcome. Feel free to be addict.
    01-13-08 08:31 AM
    Welcome to the family! We're glad you found the Crack!
    01-13-08 10:08 AM
    Greetings
    Welcome to your new addiction...
    01-14-08 08:11 AM
    hey again everyone, so im hooked on this BB now, its crazy what it can do. i just switched companies. i was at sprint then went to verizon, this phone works so fast on this network compared to sprints.
    01-16-08 04:42 PM
    glad to hear you're happier now. i have the pearl w/ verizon and it's great. cruise around this site and learn all that you can - you'll be amazed what your berry can do. you chose a great one!
    01-17-08 06:05 PM
    I kinda feel a lil cheated 2 with the fact that I called myself upgrading from a Nextel phone to the world of Sprint's Blackberry and can't get a single ring tone or call tone with it! But I must admitt there are alot of other cool features that I am beginning to love. Such as getting my email directly to my phone. And it might sound silly but the thing that sold me on my 8130 was the track ball Well, any and everyone, hi, I'm new here, so feel free to hit me up and let me know what's going on.
    Shy
    02-29-08 12:54 PM
    WELCOME TO CB OAKLEYSWITCH... GLAD YOU JOINED US!
    02-29-08 12:57 PM
    Thanks. I hope I bought the right one, I was considering using the next 2 weeks of my 30 day trial period to try the palm centro! But I really like the Blackberry I just hope that the features it has outways the features that it doesn't have!

Shy
    02-29-08 01:03 PM
    Sprint sucks, just like Nextel did... Oh they joined into a huge pile of crap; that's right I forgot.

03-02-08 10:29 PM
    One difference is that the Palm Centro can send picture mail and the BB 8130 can't.

03-02-08 10:44 PM
    I hear so many people say that but I can't complain, not honestly! Meaning this, when I had sprint in Louisiana, I won't lie the service kinda sucked but when you're stationed at Fort Polk, damn near everything in life sucks. After deploying & re-deploying back home I got a nextel because my girlfriend, at that time, had one and she lived in California so the chirp thing worked, saved money and was just overall pretty cool. I never had a problem with Nextel and I think thats because they were kinda exclusive because most folks, if yo credit wasn't right required a deposit and you know how folks ain't trying to give no one a deposit! But when Sprint bought / merged with Nextel I saw a decrease in the quality of service but not enough to transfer all 3 lines I have and have to reprogram contact list and possibly lose my number. So, I will say that they could be better but really I don't have anyone else to honestly compare them to being that I haven't had service with anyone else! So whose service is best in the bb / cb world?

Orle - So, is the bb better than the palm or are you undecided?
    Last edited by SHY8130; 03-03-08 at 07:36 AM.
    03-03-08 07:33 AM
    Welcome to crackberry and I hope you're enjoying your new addiction!

03-03-08 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD