Hi everyone,

I am new to the blackberry and it seems that I cannot use BB messenger. I can send out friend requests but whenever someone adds me or tries to add me it says their request is pending and I never get the request.
    10-17-08 12:46 PM
    Add contacts by PIN number instead of e-mail. You can find your PIN by going to options>status...
    10-17-08 12:47 PM
    I have done that, I will send the request by PIN but when he accepts it it says I am still pending but I don't get the request. He has tried sending me one by PIN as well.
    10-17-08 12:49 PM
    General Directions:

You need to have the PIN number of the person you want to add as a contact.

Try this: add contacts using PIN, not EMAIL

Delete your pending requests. Tell the other parties to delete any pending requests from you.

In BBM, hit add contact. If they're not in your address book go up to use once. HOVERING (highlight, not click) on use once, hit the menu button and select request by PIN. Then just type in the PIN and send request. If they are in your address book, HOVER (highlight, not click) over their name, hit the menu key and send a request using PIN that way.

The contact must accept the request for it to be complete. Both devices must have data plans.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-17-08 at 12:51 PM.
    10-17-08 12:49 PM
    MUhawk, do you have a data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 12:50 PM
    Are you entering the other persons PIN into the add contact?
    I've run into this a few times, I find it's easiest to add them into your address book with their PIN and then send the request to their PIN, not email.
    Yes, we both have the unlimited data plans and we have both tried adding by PIN
    10-17-08 12:51 PM
    MUhawk, do you have a data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good point, you need a data plan to use BBM.
    10-17-08 12:52 PM
    Yes, we both have the unlimited data plans and we have both tried adding by PIN
    delete all pending request, have them do the same.

start from the beginning using the instructions above.
    10-17-08 12:52 PM
    Man, I'm just late everytime! I'll just stop ha ha..MuHawk, these guys will help ya!
    10-17-08 12:53 PM
    Tried it, still doesn't work. Haha.
    10-17-08 12:55 PM
    hi muhawk
    try this go to your email setup page on your BB log in and send your Service Books to your BB device when you receive them open messages then pull batterie put back in go to your BBM and add contacts as described above by others
    PS i had to do it on mine and now its working
    10-17-08 02:57 PM
    I'm having the same issue... even when I use with PIN, my requests don't go through.
    10-17-08 02:59 PM
    I just got a blackberry and when I added a new contact it sent using my personal e-mail but I want to use my blackberry email. Is there a way to switch it so my blackberry email is being used for the messenger? Thanks
    10-17-08 07:26 PM
    Ensure your BIS account is setup and with the PIN and IMEI.

I would also then call your wireless provider and tell them to re-add the feature.
    10-17-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD