I have owned my BB Torch for about 2 weeks now and have nothing but good things to say about it. Here's a little story on how I ended up joining the BB family again.

I have been a die-hard Apple fanatic for the past 3 years. I own a Mac at home, several iPods, and always used iPhones. I quickly purchased an iPhone 4 as soon as it hit the streets, and even though the device itself was pretty slick, I just couldn't get past the dropped calls and signal quirks. I returned the device and replaced it with a Samsung Captivate, one of the first Android phones available on the AT&T network. The phone was a complete disaster. It had the typical Droid battery life (which is one charge lasting half a day) and was very sluggish at times (even with liberal use of the Advanced Task Killer). I returned the Captivate and was going to go back to the iPhone 4, but the store didn't have any in stock and I wasn't about to go for 2 weeks without a phone, so I began looking at the Blackberry devices. I was almost set to get the Bold 9700 until the sales lady mentioned the brand new Torch device that just came in the day prior. After playing with it for a few minutes, I decided it was worth a try and bought it.

I have since fell in love with my BB Torch. I find the best feature is the battery life. A typical day of use for me is around 100 text messages a day, including pics and videos, liberal use of the Facebook App, constant email pushes, 5-6 phone calls, and a few web browsing sessions. This barely puts a dent in the battery meter and when I go to bed and place the Torch in it's charging cradle, it usually has close to 70% of it's battery life intact. That is amazing.

I find the touchscreen keyboard a little quirky and inaccurate, so I use the slide out keyboard more often than not. The device performance is only so-so, as I experience frequent lags and freezes, but nothing that really pisses me off. The screen is nice and the camera is fairly decent, though the iPhone 4 camera is still the best I've ever used and seen. I have to say, overall, that this device is one of the best I've ever owned. It is only my second BB device. My first was the original Pearl, which I thought was a complete mess. I am a moderator on a car club forum website here in Cleveland and alot of my friends own BB devices, so I use the BBM feature quite often. My fiancee' also owns a Tour, and loves it.

I look forward to feeding my Crackberry addiction and learning more about my device and what it can do!
    09-02-10 09:11 AM
    Welcome Moose! If you got any questions or problems please let us know!
    09-02-10 10:06 AM
    Hi, welcome to the CrackBerry forums and the world of BlackBerry.
    09-03-10 01:25 AM
    Thanks for the welcome!
    09-07-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD