Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the wonders of Blackberry as well as new to this site! If my first week of Blackberry ownership is anything to go by then I'll be addicted in no time.

My employer has just given me a shiny new 8800 and so far no major problems - a few questions - but everything seems to work just fine once you get the hang of it. I'm on the corporate BES and it's great...

Just out of interest, does anyone really use the voice dialling or the 'send voice note'? Maybe I'll find a use in time.

Meanwhile - greetings to all from sunny London, UK!!

Oh, and go Leicester for the Heineken Cup tomorrow....

Cheers!!!!

Trando
    05-18-07 11:57 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

I've tried the voice dial, but it fails for me too often - must be that English accent of mine!

But, the voice note, that works brilliantly. I even use it to send voice notes via BlackBerry Pin Messager. Excellent for when you're driving, or something like that...
    05-18-07 12:08 PM
    i use the voice dial thing on a daily basis. i use it on my bluetooth headset so i never have to take my bb out of my pocket. works awesome. i used to use an older version of the same software on my motorola v3i. all you have to do is try your best to speak as clear as possible. if you understand how tty tries to figure out words, try to speak the way it expects you to. like on my v3i i had to speak with an english accent for it to understand me. (i had to say mo-bile instead of moble which is how its said here in new england). i suggest sitting at home or in your office (if you have a door) and try testing it to learn how it thinks. just keep trying names until you say it the way it can understand you. its great once you learn to work with it
    05-18-07 01:54 PM
    Welcome Trando, I'll be there in sunny London in 10 more days! I can't wait to get out of Texas.
    05-19-07 06:01 AM
    Welcome, Trando! Hi to the U.K. from Chicago, IL USA!

I don't find voice dialing all that consistent. Sounds like maybe I should give it another try.

I have received voice notes and they are just great! Can't wait to use it if I go with the Curve.
    05-19-07 03:34 PM
    Hey trando,

WELCOME to CrackBerry.com!!

Best,
    CarBob
    05-19-07 06:52 PM
    Hi everyone - thanks for all your welcoming comments and your thoughts on the voice stuff... Might give it a go - if I get time!!

Cheers

Trando
    05-21-07 05:49 AM
    i used to use an older version of the same software on my motorola v3i.

How did you get that software?
    05-22-07 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD