Question for you guys....I use an iPhone (anticipating the Bold to be released) and access my personal Yahoo account via IMAP and work mail via POP3. My company is rolling out MS Exchange slooooowly, meaning every week they are switching over 4 or 5 employees.

Anyways, my co-worker who uses a Curve came into my office today and mentioned that she couldn't access her e-mail anymore, obviously because of the switch to MS Exchange. Now the jacked up part is that our IT department refuses to support any mobile device. They have essentially okayed our use of a mobile device to access company e-mail so as long as it is our time and expense.

I understand the whole BES and BIS servers and I understand a bit about the Exchange platform. I have read that e-mail is okay but no OTA sync of calendar, contacts, and notes. She is okay with syncing those via cradle. However, with the e-mail, what is her best option? Any help would be appreciated as I will most likely encounter the same problem when I purchase a Bold. I did read somewhere that she would have a wipe of the Curve and configure the Exchange settings from scratch. Was I misinformed? Any assistance?
    09-03-08 05:34 PM
    Well, what you can try and do is create a BIS account on your phone through the email settings icon and see if you can add the email via the email address and password. I've seen in the past this works sometimes depending on HOW they have their servers setup. But it wont hurt to try.
    09-03-08 06:24 PM
    yes all this is correct erase the old email and create a new one using the a bis
    and wow thats something that they want you to use it on your own expense
    09-04-08 12:37 AM
    Yeah, it really is unfortunate as several people within the company use mobile devices for out of office communication. However, the company refuses to reimburse us or provide complete support.

So what I understand is that there is no option in the set up process that allows me to input MS Exchange settings? For some reason, I thought BB devices allowed for MS Exchange through BIS.

Thanks for your input.
    09-04-08 11:56 AM
    They allow for setup through the email servers themselves or outlook via plugin settings through the computer or if your company offers OWA (Outlook Web Access).
    09-04-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD