Hi,

I just purchased my first BB and it's the Storm 9530. I use a smartphone at work, but it's so differernt. I'm on the verizon network and moved over to the BB when my current contract was up, so with my employer discount on services and my equipment discount of $50, I jumped in and feel like I need a life preserver. My first question on the Storm, what is the average battery charge time? At what percentage do most re charge and I downloaded a AppActive program to show me what is running in the background, once I sse what is running, how do I turn it off? Do I delete the program, hide the program? I am so buying that e-book for BB storm for dummies

Thanks in advance...
    03-13-09 01:44 PM
    I am not sure of the battery charge time but i usually charge overnight and it will last all day. (i use it almost nonstop except when i need to look like im actually working). it is recommended to charge 12 hours first time. once battery is near death it will turn off rado signal(bars) and you are unable to make calls, but it takes alot to do that. the best way i know how to check running apps, is to hold BB key for about 2 secs. a toolbar of open apps will pop up. click each one and then do the uturn button or close from the menu of the open app. !!keep in mind phone, browser, bb messenger, messages, and home screen will always be running. i also downloaded some apps that constantly run(TalkLock to be specific)
    03-15-09 07:34 PM
    I am not sure with the blackberry as technology is getting better, but its normally not good to let your phone/computer charge over night every night. Its said to over heat the battery which causes it to expand and thus not be able to hold a charge. This is a FACT for older phones and computers. I found this out the hard way with my first laptop battery about 2 yrs ago and my cell phone 2 yrs ago. The cell phone battery was visually warped "fatter" and would spin like a top when spun on a table.
    03-16-09 08:23 AM
    MR Miagi,

Thats good to know I just bought my first bb and I have had it for about a month now. I wont charge it overnight anymore. I am really likeing my curve. Still learning how to do a few things tho.
    03-16-09 11:03 AM
    I am right with you, just got my storm a week ago. This forum rocks, the people are really cool, much nicer then other forums I have been on.
    03-17-09 12:00 AM
    Thanks for the info!! yes what a great forum....really helpful for first time BB users
    03-18-09 10:52 AM
    im still learning all the features on my bb as well. this thing does everything
    03-18-09 01:27 PM
    I'm new to bb too, had mine about a week or so. I really love it and have been playing with it constantly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 08:10 PM
    It is Always good to talk to nice people, I just installed a media card in the curve I have to expand the capabilities of the phone. I have noticed there nothing i cant do with the bb.
    03-23-09 10:42 AM
    I charged mine the first time about 10 -12 hours now I charge it about every other day or when it gets to about 35 - 40% of the battery

to close things, press the blackberry key and then scroll down to close to make sure they are closed and not using battery or memory
    03-24-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD