I just got my Tour a few days ago, after months of debating and waiting for a decent sale of some sort I finally made the jump and I'm loving it.

Sadly there are some things I miss about my old phone, namely Audible Caller ID readout. I'm reading as much about developing apps as I can and hoping to figure out how to use the already built in voice app to make it read caller ID, there has to be a way. I know I have to know java, I'm pretty far from getting there, I just love the BB so much that this one feature is something I can live without, unless RIM or someone else is already working on it (hint)

Maybe someone can tell me how to set shortcuts to keys like the phone already has, like Q for vibrate A for lock, is there an app out there which allows me to make some of my own? I've been trying to figure it out just haven't been able to so far.

Love this place and my new phone.
    10-04-09 06:49 PM
    I just took the plunge and got a Tour myself, and I'm with you, I'm smitten.

I'm not sure about the key shortcuts, but I'm sure somebody around here will have any answer for you.
    10-04-09 07:47 PM
    I found all the key shortcuts, I just want to know how to make new ones, like press and hold (key here) to get to sound profiles... instead of having it on my home... things like that.
    10-04-09 09:00 PM
    Congrats on your tour and welcome to cb

Checkout https://hookedontroyx.com. Go to My Hosted Files tab and open "Documentation" link. You will see a list of keyboard shortcuts as a pdf document.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:54 AM
    yeah I want to make new ones... it looks like I have to buy an app for it though. too bad. For being such an amazing device it's really to bad that some of the more simple options seem to elude rim, such as audible caller ID or making your own Key shortcuts... I guess they are focusing on the bigger stuff... I'm already addicted, and now I'm looking at getting the storm2 if it is as good as they say.
    10-05-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD