Well this is my first BB, and while I thought I was quite up to speed with technology etc, BB's are totally new to me.

Im not yet on my data package with my carrier, and wont be til next week, so im not going OTT with stuff yet but, here are my queries already...

Going to blackberry.orange.com and entering my PIN and IMEI, it says its not registered to Orange. How come?

I cant yet find the email set up bit. The only option is enterprise server setup, or skip.

BB maps is just a blank screen. Do I need to download my maps from somewhere.

Im sure I will get some of the answers while searching the forum, but if anyone can give me some quick answers.... thank you
    09-11-08 03:50 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Until you get your data plan in place, you will have to put most of the setup on hold.

If you bought your Curve from Orange, it should be accepted. If your setup issues continue, you may have to call Customer Service for support.

BBMaps requires network support, just like everything but Browser.

For now, Browser over Wifi is your only connection.

09-11-08 04:57 PM
    Hi and welcome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 05:07 PM
    Cheers for those swift answers Reed.
    I have just worked out about the maps thing.
    Is Google maps a better option or does that rely on a network connection too? I only really want local UK maps.

I was worried you would say that about the acceptance though, guess I better call Orange in the morning and start getting the runabout eh

The package kicks in from the 17th. In no mad rush to get started just yet, so thats fine. But hope I can get some help setting up from people in the know once its done

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    09-11-08 05:35 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Once your BB data plan is in place just setup an account at the following link and it should be plain sailing.

BlackBerry Internet Service

As for the Maps both Google and BB maps rely on downloading data via the network.
    09-11-08 06:26 PM
    Welcome to CB.

You can download and purchase software from your PC and sync them, but until you get the data plan, you will not be able to utilize them.

BB Maps... you say it is just a blank screen, but have you attempted to input any address to get directions at least? I haven't used maps since '06, but I used it on an 8700c and I remember using it for directions. I did have a data plan, but I'm unsure if it really needed to use it.
    09-13-08 01:02 PM
    I can confirm the need for BIS to make BlackBerry Maps. I gave it hours on Wifi, nothing.

My active Pearl was quite happy to let me explore the Planet.

4 more sleeps.

09-13-08 10:27 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and congrats on your new Curve

09-13-08 10:32 PM
    Blackberry maps does in fact require a data plan. Be sure to research apps, and such so you are ready when you get your data plan !
    09-13-08 10:58 PM
    Welcome to cb!
    09-14-08 11:23 AM
    welcome to cb!!
    check out the 101 lectures in my sig for most of your questions answered
    09-14-08 11:25 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

~JEF~
    09-19-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD