07-31-08 02:08 PM
34 12
tools
    Thanks for all the helpful advice, everyone! I will definitely do the standby thing. I've put it in standby mode before, but I thought it was the same thing as key lock.

Thanks!
    07-25-08 06:19 PM
    For some reason, I haven't been getting email notifications when replies were posted to my thread. I checked my CP and "instant email notification" was checked already. Strange..

I get instant email notification when from other posts, but not when I'm the OP. Is this just a fluke or did I miss something?

Thanks!
    07-25-08 08:50 PM
    I'm not sure, I stopped using instant notification as it was flooding my inbox. It took a couple weeks for me to stop getting them after turning it off. I check in CP subscribed threads for new replies daily sometimes more if I did a lot of replies in the previous days or if there is a lot of activity on some of the threads. I'd check to make sure the threads in question are in your subscribe list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 10:49 PM
    It wasn't listed in my subscribed threads... so I went to my CP and unchecked then checked my preferences and now it emails me! Thanks for the tip!
    07-26-08 01:03 AM
    Welcome. Get cracked out sada. Pow

07-26-08 09:35 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-28-08 08:32 AM
    .....I've been playing around with themes, but I haven't found one that I completely love. I really like the clean simple look, similar to the OSX theme, which I might buy later down the line, but for now I can't afford buying a theme.
    Eden, I dont know how I missed telling you this before but the Pearl doesnt have a lot of memory. Try to keep your themes down to a minimum. Only install the themes that you know you are going to use. I'd hate to see you run into memory issues and your call logs/SMS/email disappearing from your Pearl.
    07-28-08 08:42 AM
    Welcome to bb and cb!

07-28-08 08:44 AM
    Eden, I dont know how I missed telling you this before but the Pearl doesnt have a lot of memory. Try to keep your themes down to a minimum. Only install the themes that you know you are going to use. I'd hate to see you run into memory issues and your call logs/SMS/email disappearing from your Pearl.
    Thanks! I should update this thread by saying I'm now a Curve owner, after a lot of problems with the keypad on the Pearl... read about it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/aft...e-owner-57135/

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm going to get the auto-standby right now!
    07-31-08 02:08 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD