Hello from England!

Great site guys, looks just what I've been looking for. I previously registered to a different Blackberry site, but to be honest, this one seems better and I wasn't having much luck with responses in the last site, definitely wasn't typing in Russian either!

Well it was time to upgrade my handset / renew my Orange contract last Saturday, so I went straight into town and did so. Was looking at either the 8900 Curve, or an HTC model. Was kind of blown away by the Curve and even better than that, was then told that an even better model was available - but not on the display yet.

So, I ended up with the mighty Blackberry 9700 Bold. Loving it at the moment, awesome phone. However, there's a good few things I could do with some advice / help with and think I may have even discovered a small software fault already, so am looking forward to posting.

Thanks in advance all.
    01-21-10 07:52 AM
    hey if you get urself bbm add me i aint an expert but iv had a few issues that ive managed to sort out
    01-21-10 07:58 AM
    thanks mate, i will do.
    i'm not too bad with techie stuff in general when it comes to computers and phones, but the blackberry's really challenging me at the minute, i have to say!

the orange website haven't actually updated my account with the fact i've now upgraded to a blackberry and won't till Feb 10 - my next billing date and when my new service plan kicks in. i opted for:

Panther 30, 600 anytime mins, unlimited texts and unlimited e-mails.
    the blackberry messenger thing is free isn't it?
    01-21-10 08:06 AM
    bbm only uses data and not very much at that if you hav wifi at home and work like i do you should be nowhere near the usage limit i use around 100-200mb a month and i have 2 email accounts around (5-20 emails a day), google maps ubertwitter and a few other data intensive apps running all day and night and im addicted to wikipedia and google lol
    01-21-10 08:11 AM
    yeah i have wi-fi at home, the handset picks up the signal from my router (am also with orange broadband!) so it should be all good.
    i can't get my phone to go online when i'm not in a wi-fi area though, i thought it would divert automatically, but it just keeps saying wi-fi not enabled!

which plan are you on?
    you may be able to help with my post about the SMS issue in the Blackberry OS forum! is probably something annoyingly simple!
    01-21-10 09:21 AM
    im on dolphoon 35 which is 750 min unlimited txts plus the bb data plan

change your browser options, on the 8900 it goes like this when you have the browser open hit the blackberry key then options the browser config then change browser to internet browser that should mean the phone looks for the best connection it has a available to it at any given time

also make sure that orange have you on the right data plan they had me on the normal internet plan for other phones at the beginning of my contract you would think they would know you need a bb plan seeing as they gave you the phone
    01-21-10 09:29 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com, THE greatest BB site on the planet! If you got any questions or problems always feel free to contact me.
    01-21-10 10:13 AM
    thanks, does look a pretty awesome site, love the free e-mail thing too, will definitely set one up.
    silly question to ask i guess, but you can obviously set up a crackberry e-mail with your own handset?!
    01-21-10 11:08 AM
    I would phone orange and get them to double check you have the blackberry data plan as that's why I had ur same problems when I first got my bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 11:14 AM
    i was previously on dolphin 35 as well, when she said about moving to panther 30, she said it was a BB only deal anyway, so it's all good.

because the new plan doesn't kick in until early feb though, i'm half wondering now if the correct settings will apply when the new contract kicks in, ie, they will send out an update text maybe??
    01-22-10 07:21 AM
    Do you have MSN at all mate?
    01-23-10 02:48 PM
    to The Grinder - you don't have to have Panther to get BB service - I have Dolphin and get the BB services added for less than �5/m. I made sure I got Dolphin as I am a texter - I use BBM to communicate with my sensible BB owning friends/wife and the unlimited free texts for everyone else ;-)
    01-30-10 12:35 PM
    I just upgraded to 9700 from old dash (T-mobile) and so far love it. I was debating between 9700, Cliq and my touch. I like the 9700 because i can tether it with my laptop very easily.
    01-31-10 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD