Hi all. I'm new to this site and to Blackberries. I just got my Curve about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I have a question. Is internet access necessary to use the Blackberry Messanger feature? Also, does it count as an SMS text message?

Phanx.
    11-13-07 01:37 PM
    Welcome. Great device choice. You need a data plan to use blackberry messenger, thus it doesn't count as text.
    11-13-07 01:51 PM
    Define data plan. What if I get the HotSpot@Home feature from T-mobile? Does that count as a data plan, or is it just an internet thing or phone thing?
    11-13-07 02:02 PM
    I dont know about the hotspot thing.

A data plan includes email access, web, and blackberry messenger.
    11-13-07 02:19 PM
    Would I be able to use blackberry messenger with just internet access or would I need the whole 3-course meal?

I know these are really simple questions. I've never used cell phones for anything else other than phone calls. I just started texting about 2 years ago.
    11-13-07 02:24 PM
    Welcome to CB... In order to use blackberry messenger you would need a data plan. Enjoy your curve...
    11-13-07 02:45 PM
    Welcome Evenflo22!
    You're going to love the curve when you see what all it can do for you and what you can do with it!
    11-13-07 02:46 PM
    I have to admit I am a new BB user and I am hooked. I held out for the 8310 from AT&T and now I can't put it down. Got all new ringtones and themes within the first few hours of owning it! Sites like this are such a great place to learn the tips and tricks that aren't in the manual!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 04:45 PM
    Welcome to CB
    Feel free to ask lotsa questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-07 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD