My 1st phone ever was a BB with a track ball. Every phone since then has had a track ball or pad. Last week my Classic died and my new 128 GB dual sim key2 arrived today. I am f'n lost with out that track pad. I thought I remember reading the the key2 had some touch feature in the key board. I just assumed that it was to move a cursor like on the track pad models. Yes? No? Any one
    10-10-18 08:09 PM
    Yes? No? Any one
    You're confusing the touch-enabled keyboard for a trackpad. It doesn't act as a trackpad in the tradional sense. You can 'flick' words onto your screen, you can scroll pages up and down with your finger, you can copy and paste easier. But it doesn't act as a pointer/cursor as you know it.
    10-10-18 09:03 PM
    And it will take you time to become accustomed to always touching the screen - I think that is the one thing I miss most about the rollerball.....now you must constantly CLEAN the screen due to all the smudges, and fingerprints.
    10-10-18 10:19 PM
    Am confused...

Have "upgraded" from the Classic to the Key2 a few days ago as well --- and was looking forward to what I thought what be an extremely cool feature: a capacitive PHYSICAL keyboad. Only that it does not seem to work on my phone.

Swipe gestures on the virtual keyboard do work.

Now, when I read your comment, @playfoot, I start to wonder whether I expect the wrong thing? You say something about having to touch the screen all the time (i.e. apparently you talk about "trackpad" function of the virtual, not the physical keyboard). So, is there no such function on the physical one?

What about all those YouTube videos in which you can actually see people swiping the physical key board for those scroll etc. functions??

Maybe somebody can clarify this for me ... before I run to the store later this afternoon and hand something back as "not functional" which may never have claimed to have the function I was so much looking forward to ;-)

Thank you!
    11-08-18 03:18 AM
    Am confused...

Have "upgraded" from the Classic to the Key2 a few days ago as well --- and was looking forward to what I thought what be an extremely cool feature: a capacitive PHYSICAL keyboad. Only that it does not seem to work on my phone.

Swipe gestures on the virtual keyboard do work.

Now, when I read your comment, @playfoot, I start to wonder whether I expect the wrong thing? You say something about having to touch the screen all the time (i.e. apparently you talk about "trackpad" function of the virtual, not the physical keyboard). So, is there no such function on the physical one?

What about all those YouTube videos in which you can actually see people swiping the physical key board for those scroll etc. functions??

Maybe somebody can clarify this for me ... before I run to the store later this afternoon and hand something back as "not functional" which may never have claimed to have the function I was so much looking forward to ;-)

Thank you!
    Hello. Apologies for the confusion...my comment was in reference to the muscle memory for the trackpad/trackball we all miss. To avoid doubt, those days are gone. There is no trackpad. And the vitual keyboards are for flicking only....
    11-15-18 03:47 AM
    Yes totally agree with this.. gone are those days.
    Thanks, everyone.
    My confusion was based on something completely different, as I finally found out:
    I was looking for the capacitive keyboard. On what I thought was a Key2. As a matter of fact, it wasn't - but the shop had ordered a Key2 LE (and I hadn't noticed). The latter, of course, does not come with the capacitive keys.

Am waiting for the replacement now ... curious...
    11-15-18 08:02 AM
    I'm also Classic man. The KEY2 is a better Classic "replacement" than the KEYone was. I'm just still waitin somebody to make a browser where the keyboard acts like a mouse to clicking links, etc. That's the only thing thats missing ������
    Last edited by DWonder; 11-15-18 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Sounded like I said the KEY2 was better than the Classic. Never..., lol
    11-15-18 10:22 AM
    I'm also Classic man. The KEY2 is a better Classic than the KEYone was. I'm just still waitin somebody to make a browser where the keyboard acts like a mouse to clicking links, etc. That's the only thing thats missing
    There's that pointer mode trick (which I did successfully on my K1BE earlier this year) which will give you pointer mode anywhere
    11-15-18 01:10 PM
    There's that pointer mode trick (which I did successfully on my K1BE earlier this year) which will give you pointer mode anywhere
    Yea, I tried it but it didn't work like I thought it would / should. I turned it off almost immediately. More of a hassle. BB NEEDS to a make their own browser app that would really showcase the functionality of the keyboard. Hard to understand why they don't and add to their BB Suite / HUB Services thing, lol.
    11-15-18 04:16 PM