need help trying to update os but desktop manger tell me its up to date but its got 4.3 on it and i want the 4.5 i got Verizon wireless as my network can anyone help me pls
    11-09-08 11:01 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Your 8330 shipped with v4.3xx OS. At this time, that is the currently supported OS from your carrier. When they do approve an OS upgrade, they will allow you to proceed.

If you choose not to wait, upgrading a device manualy is not difficult, but it is important to realize you will not have carrier support if any issues arise.

The instructions are well detailed, but, unless you consider your computer skills above average through professional, you would be wise to wait for the offical release.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    11-09-08 11:06 AM
    thank you very much i just got it that my 1 blackberry i love its so far and i got an IT degree so i think i can handle it and do you know anything about the program BBalerts that allows you to change color of the led and vibrate function and where to get it
    11-09-08 11:11 AM
    thank you very much i just got it that my 1 blackberry i love its so far and i got an IT degree so i think i can handle it and do you know anything about the program BBalerts that allows you to change color of the led and vibrate function and where to get it

That puts you in the professional catigory, you should not have any serious problems with a manual upgrade.

BByMel Software

BlackBerry Alerts

Provides repeating auduble alerts and color LED modification for most types of messages, customize each alert to a different LED color.

Missed Phone Calls
    Emails
    Calendar Meetings
    PIN Messages (Direct PIN to PIN, not including BlackBerry Messenger)
    SMS (text message) *
    Voicemail *
    * May not work on all devices and carriers, please run trial version first if this is important.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-09-08 at 11:33 AM.
    11-09-08 11:27 AM
    Welcome to CB!

If you'd like to upgrade your OS, the most recent public release is 4.5.0.77 and there is a thread here with links and information. Just do a simple forums search for it.
    11-09-08 02:35 PM
    thanks again i let you know how it goes
    11-09-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD