12-09-08 10:18 PM
32 12
tools
    i ordered a blackberry storm. do you think i'm in over my head? my current phone is an LG chocolate that i've had for almost two years. i needed 24 hour email access for my job, so i decided to get a blackberry.

some of my coworkers think i should have gotten the curve. i could use some advice right now. i don't know how a blackberry works, and i don't know anything about the applications or how they work either.

constructive criticism is more than welcome.

thanks, and happy thanksgiving in advance.
    11-24-08 01:25 PM
    YOu're in the right place. Any questions you'll have can be answered here. Enjoy your Storm and Welcome to CB!
    hit the 101 link in my signature for some great reading untill your BB comes.
    11-24-08 01:28 PM
    thanks pl, i appreciate the advice...
    11-24-08 01:29 PM
    If the storm is the phone you wanted then good choice. Any new blackberry is gonna be diffrent then the lg. Just be sure to ask lots of ?s here and you will be fine. Congrtats and enjoy the storm !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:31 PM
    I got my storm Friday and it is my first blackberry as well as my first touch screen. It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to send a text message lol. But now that I had the whole weekend to play with it, I am basically a pro! lol. The CD that comes with it is really helpful, but a lot of stuff you can find just searching around here. If you're gonna start with something, you might as well start with the newest technology, because in my opinion, when you do get used to it, then you are going to wish you had gotten the newer one!
    11-24-08 01:55 PM
    While I can't answer your question about the Strom specifically, (I have a Curve), I CAN say this is the right place.

I had a Motorola Razr for awhile and it was by FAR my most favorite phone ever. After buying the Curve and becoming very, very frustrated with the CD-ROM manual that came with it I wanted to be rid of the phone within 24 hours of getting it.....

Then I found crackberry.com I spent hours on this site and I can now navigate the phone like a seasoned pro (almost). I've added ringtones, wallpaper, rearranged my icons and tons more and it's all due 100% credit to CB.

Hang out in here for awhile and do lots of reading.... you won't regret moving up to the Storm. I don't think I'll ever got back to a "regular" phone again.

I've had my phone a little over a week and I can't stress enough how much this very site, it's How To's, editorials and more have helped me. I've since told 3 of my friends who have Blackberrys and don't use them for much more than phonecalls, about crackberry.com and they like their phones more too.

The blackberry phones do a lot and are easy to use... one you know HOW to use them.

Congrats on the Storm. It's supposed to be an amazing device!
    11-24-08 02:53 PM
    i've been reading blackberry 101. i'm getting so excited for my mobile device to arrive. (calling it a phone sounds so degrading...)

thanks for your opinions!
    11-24-08 02:59 PM
    i've been reading blackberry 101. i'm getting so excited for my mobile device to arrive. (calling it a phone sounds so degrading...)

thanks for your opinions!
    You are right. A lot of people around here will quickly tell you not to call your Blackberry a phone
    11-24-08 03:31 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB
    11-24-08 03:34 PM
    11-24-08 05:38 PM
    Welcome to CB!! As long as you have CB on your side you'll be fine with a Storm and learning it. I have a Curve and don't know anything about the Storm, but do know there are very many knowledge people here willing to help!! Congrats & Good luck.
    11-24-08 06:16 PM
    i ordered a blackberry storm. do you think i'm in over my head? my current phone is an LG chocolate that i've had for almost two years. i needed 24 hour email access for my job, so i decided to get a blackberry.

some of my coworkers think i should have gotten the curve. i could use some advice right now. i don't know how a blackberry works, and i don't know anything about the applications or how they work either.

constructive criticism is more than welcome.

thanks, and happy thanksgiving in advance.
    WELCOME TO CRACKBERRY WORLD! I hope you enjoy your storm!
    11-24-08 06:27 PM
    thanks everyone! i've learned a LOT on crackberry.com.

i can't wait to get my personal pin!
    11-24-08 08:44 PM
    I think you will be more than happy with the Storm... I wish I was so lucky... You will have the latest and greatest technology that RIM has built to date, and like everything that is new you might see a bug or two, but they put a lot of thought into this new device... Just remember to have fun with the new device!!!
    11-24-08 08:52 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-24-08 09:01 PM
    Welcome and hello! Your going to enjoy the Storm, mine should be arriving tomorrow morning. I have had a pearl for about six months and wanted something more. I think we found it in the storm. Crackberry is a cool place for info. Let us know when you recieve your Storm, I'm just curious.
    Have a good Thanksgiving!
    11-24-08 09:13 PM
    Welcome rb... All that have spoken prior to me are correct... Stick with the Crack Addicts...you'll be fine. CrackBerry.com will inform you plenty...

Over your head...? Well, only you will be able to make that decision...AFTER you've gotten the device, played with it, referred to CB.com, referred to your friends--with CrackBerry devices...and Then, you will have a better idea of where you stand...
    11-25-08 08:15 PM
    Welcome to the CB family!
    11-26-08 01:41 AM
    Welcome to CB! You'll see the addiction takes little time to take hold and holds on tight. This board becomes like a second home
    11-26-08 01:46 AM
    If you are a great txter, I might suggest you go in for a Bold as txting on a touch screen? - I might think about it twice! Anyway, welcome to the Blackberry world

11-26-08 01:48 AM
    Now that you are here you will never be over your head.

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. * Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues.* Or search by Post content...*

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.

11-26-08 03:07 AM
    Welcome! Hope you love your Storm as much as I love my Curve! Don't forget to give us your review after you've played with it!

11-26-08 08:00 AM
    hello and welcome to crack, blackberry is a lifestyle not just a phone
    11-26-08 08:04 AM
    Congrats on the storm!!!! I started my addicition with a pearl 8130. Now I have the curve 8330 and I love the full keyboard and wider screen !!!! Enjoy your blackberry!!!!!!!!

11-26-08 08:11 AM
    everyone here has been SUPER supportive. i got my email from shipments@verizonwireless.com, and i should have the storm on monday! meanwhile, blackberry 101 and my friend leslie have been helping me out. i'm feeling pretty confident that i will become a BB addict.

i feel like a little kid waiting to get into disney world.
    11-26-08 11:17 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD