Hi all! I'm new to the forums, and about to buy my first Blackberry.

I'm with AT&T, and I think I'm more into the 8310 than the Bold (mostly because of it's size, price, look, and that I feel its keyboard is easier to type in). But all this 3G, Wifi, Edge, the-Bold-is-so-cool hype is making me wonder.

Could you please help me decide? This is what I will basically use it for:

- Email access (of course)
    - Basic internet browsing (nothing too fancy, but not slow either)
    - About 200-500 SMS per month
    - Live MSN Messenger (for free if possible)
    - Skype to place international calls (iSkoot any good?)
    - Nice QWERTY keyboard (I'm picky about good keys)
    - The smaller/lighter the better
    - Possibility to be used while traveling in Europe, maybe South America (this is not too necessary though)
    - Ability to switch SIM card, back and forth, between an old Razr (my current phone)
    - Decent battery life (can stay on at least 1-2 days with light use)

Thank you so much in advance!!
    11-09-08 06:50 PM
    I would go for the bold...@@
    11-09-08 06:54 PM
    I can't speak for the Bold, but I have the Curve 8330, and it's a stellar, solid phone. Great coverage, lots of features, solid in performance - I love it. Email is flawless, browsing is good (install Opera Mini) and a great keyboard. I don't know what you consider "light use", but I think the battery could be better - on the other hand, I use mine pretty heavily. Hope this helps, and welcome to the family!
    11-09-08 06:54 PM
    Thank you! I understand the Bold is the newest one. However, based on the use I will give it, I guess the 8310 will do it.. or maybe not?

PS. The AT&T 8310 comes with GSM (instead of CDMA).. will that affect somehow the points I wrote on my original post? (Sorry, I'm bad with all these acronyms)
    11-09-08 07:00 PM
    Bold more internal memory and thats what you use when browsing and getting email the memcards are for ringtones pictures video and music
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    I had a Curve 8310 on AT&T and now upgraded to the Bold. All i can say is wow. The Bold has amazing browsing, a way better operating system, amazing video and sound quality, twice the speed of the curve, and the sex appeal. If you can afford it, get it. If you think you don't need the extra features, I understand, but that doesn't mean you won't use and love them if you have them.
    11-09-08 07:33 PM
    I have the 8330 flavor of the curve and it's a great phone. The bold is killer too! Test drive them at your local retailer to get a feel for which one fits you best.

Either way you go, the addiction will begin
    11-09-08 09:56 PM
    Bold!!! Get the Bold, you'll be happy!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 10:58 PM
    i went into my att on saturday and could not even get near the bold there was a line waiting for people to play with it lol
    11-10-08 05:38 AM
    Wow! Everyone is so excited about the Bold, makes me want to go to the nearest store and get one myself! But being cold, based on my needs posted above, I think the Curve 8310 may be more than enough for me.

I know I'll be missing on memory and internet speed (along with a nice display and sleak design). But for what I need, a bit less memory and speed won't hurt (I hope). If I install the Opera Mini, then the browser improves a lot too (from what I've read). Plus, I checked them out at Best Buy and I like that the 8310 is a bit smaller, and has awesome keys to type in! lol

Is this good reasoning?
    11-10-08 08:54 AM
    Ok, after doing much research, I decided to go with the 8310.. and I have just placed my order! It was $79.99 (after mail-in rebates and upgrade discounts). I'm excited!! My first blackberry

PS. I placed my order by phone, in order to keep my original number (since I now live in a different state). Now the wait begins!
    Last edited by NoteLil; 11-10-08 at 01:22 PM.
    11-10-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD