This is my first BB (and my first post on the CB forums)!!! I'm very excited. I've had an iPhone for the past 2 years (2G and 3G), didn't really see the point in "upgrading" to the 3GS and I had been eying a BB for a while now. However, I didn't want to renew my AT&T contract and current VZW BBs leave a lot to be desiered, so I decided to trade my iPhone for a Bold and I am absolutely loving it!

I just wanted to drop by and say hi to all my newest BB friends! I'm sure we'll be getting to know a lot about each other in the time to come.

If anyone has any must-know info about the Bold or suggestions, please let me know. I'm a total BB newb, but I'm into phones and technology in general, so I'm sure I'll be picking up quickly!

Later, all!
    07-08-09 07:22 PM
    07-08-09 07:23 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry and Crackberry!

Out of curiosity, why didn't you see any point in upgrading to the 3GS?
    07-08-09 07:32 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!
    07-08-09 07:33 PM
    have fun and enjoy
    07-08-09 07:39 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and to the Blackberry experience!
    07-08-09 07:42 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Just going to move this thread over to the Crackberry Newbies Forum
    07-08-09 07:42 PM
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to learning from all your knowledge!!!

Out of curiosity, why didn't you see any point in upgrading to the 3GS?
    I felt that the improvements of the 3GS over the 3G were marginal at best. Speed aside, there wasn't much that I couldn't already do with a jailbroken 3G, except for maybe voice recognition. But I didn't consider that a necessity. That in combination with the fact that I've grown tired of Apple's handcuffing of their own device on AT&T's already struggling 3G network, I figured it was just time to go to a device that has no drawbacks on the network. So here we are, lol.
    07-08-09 09:23 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Nation!!! Hey be nice to VZW. lol.
    07-09-09 08:57 AM
    that's cool.

An example of "voice recognition:"

Me: Call Mom.
    BB: Calling Jennifer.
    Me: No. Call Mom!
    BB: Calling Tony.
    Me: NO!!!! CALL MOM!!!!
    BB: Calling Jeff.
    Me: AARRRGGHHHH!!!!
    07-09-09 03:51 PM
    that's cool.

An example of "voice recognition:"

Me: Call Mom.
    BB: Calling Jennifer.
    Me: No. Call Mom!
    BB: Calling Tony.
    Me: NO!!!! CALL MOM!!!!
    BB: Calling Jeff.
    Me: AARRRGGHHHH!!!!
    LOL! I know that feeling all too well. That has pretty much been my experience with any phone I've ever owned that had voice dialing. Just terrible...
    07-17-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD