Hello everyone,

having browsed these forums a few times I wanted to create an account to share my BBerry tale.

Thanks for all the content that has been very helpful to me with fact finding, and informative more generally, when coming to my brush with Blackberry life.

It began in 2020: having cracked the screen of my 2017 Xperia X once too many times, I bought an Alcatel 2045
    interim 'phone in January to see me through for a while until I figured out what 'phone to buy next. That was January,
    and after years of being on Sony Xperia 'phones, I had to get used again to a physical keyboard. In the early 2000s,
    I was first introduced to mobile 'phones and, back then, I got very good at the multiple-stroke texting without looking:
    muscle memory made it very easy to find letters on the then physical keys. I always found digital keyboards less intuitive
    and wondered if there were any way to get a modern 'phone with a physical keyboard.

ENTER the BLACKBERRY...

Meanwhile, in 2017 I had given my other half my 2015 Sony Xperia M2, which she started using as her first touch-screen
    'phone after being on a Blackberry Curve (9320) from 2014 to 2016: she loved the new possibilities offered by a wider screen,
    and the BB Curve, which she dearly loved and looked after, was consigned to a box.

WHAT DID THE BB CURVE have to do with my story? READ ON ...

Back to my Alcatel, then: as I was saying, it was early 2020 and Covid had not struck... I was getting by with my Alcatel,
    which offered SMS and calls, but no internet connection, or apps, and trying to figure out what to get. I came on to CrackBerry
    forums to see what may be a good buy in terms of a modern 'phone with a physical keyboard.

COVID HIT THE NEWS in the UK, and from the 19th March 2020 I stopped having to commute to work, which saved me a lot
    of train fares: with all the money suddenly not going out on rail tickets, I had a bit more liquidity and was working more from
    home, meaning it would be great to have a better 'phone to supplement the laptop.

After some research, I decided to go with TCL's Blackberry Key2 64GB: with a touchscreen, physical keyboard, Android (8) and much more, it promised to be the perfect blend for what I wanted.

FAST FORWARD THREE YEARS
    03-17-23 05:45 PM
    Sounds like the end was the phone dying and being the end of the story
    03-17-23 09:45 PM
    Hi there, sorry, my post was about three times longer but it would not go through therefore I had to chop it up. I e-mailed the mods last night with the whole-length post and hope they can let it through as a whole post otherwise it turns into an instalments saga. Too complicated!
    Last edited by Francesco Sani; 03-18-23 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    03-18-23 07:21 AM
    Looking forward to the next instalment of this story.
    03-18-23 02:07 PM
    Or something....
    03-31-23 07:17 AM