My other phone is an iPhone 4, but I had to see if the grass was greener on the other side and the $50 crackhead deal was too good to turn down.

I see used 8520's going for $150 on eBay, so it's obviously not obsolete- but let's be honest: I cannot have OS6 on this phone. Can I really have a comparable experience to iPhone with a BlackBerry that only runs OS 5?
    05-04-11 08:55 PM
    No.
    The iphone and BB were made for different people.

BB communications tool.

iP Lets face it. Itsnot for me. However i do love the apps.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 05-08-11 at 08:25 AM. Reason: dang troll speak!
    05-04-11 09:11 PM
    An 8520 for 50 bucks is a GREAT deal! It's an excellent starter BB, and has all you need for a BB. The keyboard is excellent, and it DOES have GPS and wifi. It also has a good amount of app memory, which is like RAM. The areas where it is lacking is in the camera, which is only 2 MPs and the screen which is lower resolution than the Bold, Torch & Storm lines. HOWEVER it's a great phone, and I highly recommend it.
    05-04-11 09:23 PM
    Should I sell it and use the money toward a better more recent model?

How much better is OS 6 anyway?
    05-04-11 09:51 PM
    Should I sell it and use the money toward a better more recent model?

How much better is OS 6 anyway?
    Welcome to Crackberry...
    about sell it, well i think that it can be a good idea if you can get something newer, sure. lol
    05-05-11 07:15 AM
    Well 6.0 IS better, HOWEVER, what's coming down the pipe is even better than that, there is a Bold Touch device coming and a full Touch, with 7.0, both should be out Summer/Fall, and you might be better off just waiting and enjoying the 8520 for now. The Bold Touch in particular will have the keyboard AND a touch screen, and everything else is upgraded.
    05-05-11 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD