so..here's the thing an im gonna come clean to you guys... i dropped my bb like 3 days ago... anywayz, it worked fine but it now it is giving me a lot of problems... but here's a list of thing she's been doing since the beggining

so, when i finally learnt how to put ringtones i was so happy but no i want to erase a few cuz i have no memory card yet so i need the space... but i cant delete them??? why is that? is there some kind of thing i have to able or disable to do that???

now, i have a few days that when i try to access to my gallery of pics it takes like 5 minutes to open it!!! is that normal??? after that my bb starts functioning very slow and i have to reset it.... can i reset it pressing some other buttom than the icon to turn it off and then take out the batery???

but my main concern is that ... a few weeks ago i had to re install my facebook but now ive done it like 3 times to make it work and still i dont get messahes or replies or anything... agter that all my emails ( i have a hotmail and a gmail..and of course the bb one) are not functioning, i dont get any message but i can send emails ....but not get emails! what can i do... to make things worse i work with mac so im pretty screwed... and i can retourn my bb back since i dropped the other day and it was a big scratch in a notieable part.... im screwed? should i buy another one?? what can i do, i only have like 3 months with it and... u know, im getting frustrated...

what can i do with my b? use the live msn and the bb msn and also make phone calls and play music and send sms!!! waht can i do? maybe it is full and i have to buy a memory card? what can i possibly do??? last nite i used the setup wizzard and the bb runned smothly for a while and i got an email from my gmail account inmediately after that... but when i woke up the next morning i had this message in my screen asking me to reset the device... and i had the alarm clock set and it didnt work...

be honest with me, should i get a bold??? should i toss this one to the garbage can???

help is really appreciated since i dragged my bf to get one and he did and now mine is broke!!!!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEELP

MUCH LOVE TO Y'ALL

CHRIS

PS: IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME AND WANTS TO ADD ME TO MY BB MSN PLEASE DO!

CHRIS

HERES MY PIN: 247E1A79
    09-25-08 04:49 PM
    Sounds like you have low memory. You need to get a memory card and transfer all media to it. Then look up the memory optimization guide and you should be all set. A quick fiv is to pull your battery. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 04:56 PM
    You have several issues going on.....but the place to start would be with the memory. Your phone has a limited amount of device memory, and since you are downloading ringtones to it, and using it for browsing the net etc........you are hogging all of the memory the device needs to run efficiently.

You should get a memory card immediately......a microSD card. I would suggest that you start with a 4 gig card, which is the most your device will support without upgrading the operating system. Start with that.........and then take all your ringtones, pictures, etc. and put them on the memory card instead of using all of your devices internal memory.

Think of it like this.........if you had a computer with limited RAM and no hard drive......would it work well? Oh, and try not to drop it anymore. The drop is probably not causing your problems though.......most of them sound memory related.
    09-25-08 05:03 PM
    AFTER you get your memory problem resolved, there are steps you can take to help you out in the future. Get a memory card!!

There's an app called SoftReset. Google it and this will eliminate the hassle of a battery pull. Also to help with the memory issue, look in the BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum and look for How To Free Up Memory. This will help with the memory issue.

Last edited by skullgame45; 09-26-08 at 06:33 AM.
    09-25-08 05:10 PM
    There's an app called SoftReset. Google it and this will eliminate the hassle of a battery pull. Get a memory card!! Also to help with the memory issue, look in the BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum and look for How To Free Up Memory. This will help with the memory issue.

No!!! Don't install more software, it will only make things worse until the memory clogging is resolved. Go with the manual battery pull, get a memory card installed to migrate stuff away from application memory, and work through the FAQ. After the memory is sorted out then consider SoftReset, but personally its NBD to pull the battery with your fingers and you should only need to do it infrequently.

Oh, and Bendek - there are a lot of comments about problems with Facebook. If you can manage without it I think you will see a big improvement in performance.
    Last edited by branta; 09-25-08 at 06:01 PM.
    09-25-08 05:59 PM
    No!!! Don't install more software, it will only make things worse until the memory clogging is resolved. Go with the manual battery pull, get a memory card installed to migrate stuff away from application memory, and work through the FAQ. After the memory is sorted out then consider SoftReset, but personally its NBD to pull the battery with your fingers and you should only need to do it infrequently.

Oh, and Bendek - there are a lot of comments about problems with Facebook. If you can manage without it I think you will see a big improvement in performance.
    I understand that they need to deal with their memory issue before installing new programs!! I'm trying to help them out later on down the road! I KNOW what I'm talking about!!

09-25-08 06:07 PM
    I understand that they need to deal with their memory issue before installing new programs!! I'm trying to help them out later on down the road! I KNOW what I'm talking about!!

You may know what you are talking about, but you are posting this suggestion for someone who obviously doesn't.
    Please be careful posting this for a newb, since you know what you are talking about, you know they probably will run off to d/l the additional software you are suggesting immediately, therefore worsening the problem.
    Or at least let them know that after their memory issue is fixed, there is additional software that can be added to help with their issue, but only when there is free memory.
    09-25-08 06:25 PM
    Gets memory card ASAP!!! Close all programs when you are done with them.Then go to CB for the tutorial on freeing up more memory.

09-26-08 05:49 AM
    I should have been more descriptive on what I was trying to say in my post. Sorry to the newb for any inconvenience. And to branta

09-26-08 06:37 AM
    thank you y'all first thing im doing tomorrow is getting a card for my bb...thank u so much and for those concern about me downloading programs..heheheh beleive, im too lazy for that!!! i wont install anything in my bb yet!! now, one more thing, with this model 8320 and this sort of old version can i download or upgrade something to watch youtube kind of videos??? or is it a bad idea?
    09-26-08 07:31 AM
    In order to delete your ringtones, you go to the media application, go over to ringtones, then go to my ringtones, scroll down to the ringtone you want to delete, click on the menu, scroll down to delete & voila-it's deleted. Hope that helps
    09-26-08 08:05 AM
    duhhhhhhhh i know silly but it takes like 2 days for the ringtone to disappear, i am buying the card right away today!!!!
    09-26-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD