Hey everyone! Just joined and wanted to say hi before I venture through.

I have had a cell phone since about 1999-2000 (a Nokia 282 Tracfone). After problems with Verizon I switched to T-Mobile and haven't looked back in the past (almost) 7 years. My first "smart phone" was a T-Mobile MDA that, quite frankly, sucked (I went back to my 2 year old Nokia flip phone while that was still under contract). I got my BB Pearl 8100 in July of 2007 (a birthday gift to myself) and absolutely love it. After it got problematic (it would reset itself at random), it was replaced by a 8120 through the extended warranty provider. Overall I think I've had 10 different cell phones in that time.

I'm not an enterprise user, just a regular consumer, but I've used it with 4 different email accounts (college's email - now defunct since I graduated, personal and "professional" Gmail, and a tmo.blackberry.net email account).

Oddly enough, I never texted much before my 8100. I still don't text as much as some friends, but I get my $5/month out of it for a few hundred messages.

Overall I thoroughly enjoy the Blackberry experience. I look forward to learning and contributing to this community. Thanks for having me!

- Chris
    02-15-09 11:49 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Chris! You will like it here. We don't bite... well, some of us don't anyway.
    02-15-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD